Ok, so last night I blocked the trem of my Ibanez RG350M (Edge III) using coins, and the block seems sturdy, that thing ain't goin' no where!

Now, the 6th string is buzzing the full way from the 1st fret to the 10th/11th fret!

I'm a complete rookie at setting up guitars, and I'm scared to go anywhere near the truss rod without someone with some knowledge telling me what to do!

I tried adjusting the thingys on the bridge, the two allen screw bits, not sure what they're called (?) but supposedly they adjust string height! They made zero difference!

Please, please, someone give me some relief and take away this fret buzz

use the floyd thread tutorial, at the top of the page. questions go there too.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you want a level bridge, and raise small amounts.

it's not going to solve all your problems if you've got something wrong there.

just showing you how to raise the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

you've got one string buzzing all the way down the neck?

is the bridge balanced?
did you change string gauge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

pretty much all the way down the neck!

what do you mean by balanced?
it's parallel to the body yes
ok so lift the strings a little, if that doesn't work then measure the neck's relief and post back. the how to is in the green link in my sig.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ok, just checked it I capo'd the first fret at fretted the 24th with my finger, and on trying to fit a credit card through, it wouldnt go through, not even close.

The credit card was flush with the top of the string, from the fret. Does that make sense?
yeah it does.

when you fret the first, and the last fret where the neck meets the body ( before neck pocket)

what does the 7-9th fret gap look like?

can you fit a medium pick in the space?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah it does.

when you fret the first, and the last fret where the neck meets the body ( before neck pocket)

what does the 7-9th fret gap look like?

can you fit a medium pick in the space?

A 0.71mm pick has to force it's way under, it still makes quite a bit of contact before going under!
yeah, you can turn the truss rod 1/8 turn counter clockwise.
dont force the turn and let it sit to settle in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62