I have only one capo and it says its for the acoustic Guitar... Is it ok to use that capo on my electric guitar??? I was wondering if the tension of the capo might be bad on an electric.
it is fine, but sometimes you might have intonation troubles. I use the G7th capo on both. No intonation troubles
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
The tension won’t be bad for the guitar, but it will cause the guitar to play very sharp. That’s the case with any capo, but if you get a capo with adjustable tension you can get it on just enough to work without the extra pressure that comes from acoustic capos. G7th makes a really great adjustable capo, it runs $40-$45.
Just wondering, why would you have intonation troubles caused by a capo?

The capo works by effectively fretting at a particular point. Your fingers could do the same thing. Whether youre using fingers or a capo how would that be different?
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by ext1jdh
Just wondering, why would you have intonation troubles caused by a capo?

The capo works by effectively fretting at a particular point. Your fingers could do the same thing. Whether youre using fingers or a capo how would that be different?

A capo sometimes bends the string, and really as in the same way you bend a string...
Therefore, if you have intonation problems when using a capo, you'd have the same intonation problems when using your fingers....why not just set the intonation on your guitar properly, or put the capo on so it's not bending the strings, just fretting them.

The discrepancy that I'm talking about is not in using an "electric" or "acoustic" capo, but a capo or your fingers. They're doing the same thing at the same point on the guitar's neck, you see?
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
A capo will typically hold the string a little harder than your fingers will. They have hard rubber that has to be strong enough to hold down ALL the strings, not like your finger where you are able to hold down just hard enough to make it ring out.

That's why they are saying an adjustable capo will be better (like G7) because they can be set to not hold the strings down as hard.

I hope that explains it...
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
like said, capos often pull strings sharp.
tune up, place on capo and check tuning again.

that's why better ones have fine tuner like adjustable grip.

also, acoustic capos often are long and flat.
electric capos often curved to fit the board better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011