I asked a guy on Ebay about his DR and he is acting weird, and I finally got him to say:

"The power tubes are TAD(Tube Amp Doctor), and the preamp tubes
are Electro-Harmonix."

I've never heard of either of these tubes, what do you guys think of them? I am about to pull the trigger. I just want to make sure before I do. Thanks.
EHX is a pretty big tube producer. Lots of amps come with their tubes stock.

And TAD is a newer tube producer, but their stuff is pretty good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I really would at least liked the stock tubes over these. It might mess with the cleans and clarity of the distortion, it has me worried. Does anybody here have these tubes in their amp?
Quote by modirnwarfare
I really would at least liked the stock tubes over these. It might mess with the cleans and clarity of the distortion, it has me worried. Does anybody here have these tubes in their amp?

Why?

Most stock tubes are horrible.

TAD makes great tubes, they come stock in Bogner and Diezel amps. EHX, I'm not a big fan of, but I believe that's mainly what Marshall puts in their amps now days anyway.

I would be more worried if that amp still had the stock tubes than anything else. They would be on their last legs and probably die on you very soon
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jan 4, 2010,
the tube manufacturers you listed are mainstream manufacturers, ask him to link up via skype so you can hear the amp, one of the 1st mods done to any tube amp is a tube upgrade.

spend some cash on tubes and do some research into what peeps have put in there equivalent amps maybe ask on a marshall forum.
I found one that has 3 JJ/Tesla ECC83s pre-amp tubes,and 2 JJ/Tesla 6L6GC output tubes. This is exactly what I wanted! What do you guys think?
All JJs might make it muddy. Not a fan of JJ preamp tubes at all.

Why do you care so much about the tubes that are in the amp? They're replaceable anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

Why do you care so much about the tubes that are in the amp? They're replaceable anyway.

Check his old threads/posts and you'll see why. He doesn't exactly know what he's doing x.x
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by Raijouta

I'll be doing a tube swap soon because of this. The 800 came with all JJ Teslas but I'd like to see what it can do with some proper SED Winged C power tubes and some arbitrary mix of preamp tubes that has yet to be determined.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by modirnwarfare
I found one that has 3 JJ/Tesla ECC83s pre-amp tubes,and 2 JJ/Tesla 6L6GC output tubes. This is exactly what I wanted! What do you guys think?

I actually have exactly those tubes in my 900, and I like them, although I didn't hear the amp with them, as mine had blown tubes and I had to replace them immediately.

I guess it can be a little muddy, but I heard the amp was really bright, and it is still so I don't regret my decision. Besides, someday I can get different pre amp tubes to offset the darkness that the JJ's bring.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I heard a lot of people rave about JJ tubes wth? Also, I think tubes with darkness would balance the brightness of this amp imo.