I'm looking into getting a vinyl for one of my guitars. After finding the site I wanted to purchase from, I am first greeted with this;

Here at [removed due to advertisement rules] we specialize in creating custom vinyl paint jobs that are fully removeable and a fraction of the cost.

Guitar Raps are not just stickers they are easily applied vinyl paint kits that will not harm your guitar in any way. We have design decorations for 6 of the major guitar models with a range of different styles and taste to suite all guitarists. We use special quality gloss vinyl that is then cut leaving the design shape that transfers onto your guitar surface leaving a paint effect. This means when applied your guitar body colour will still be visible giving a professional custom illustration decal to your guitar. Guitar Raps are fully removable and will not harm your guitar in any way. We have designed our website around you the customer. Please visit our shop and give your guitar a brand new facelift. If you would like a personalised custom Guitar Rap please mail us at [removed due to advertisement rules].

All designs are priced at £24.99 including delivery all around the world.

Here I am told that no matter what, this order is going to cost me £24.99, INCLUDING delivery.

Upon selecting which vinyl I wanted, along with colours etc, I proceed to the checkout. Only to be greeted with this;

+£2.99 P&P?

What the fuck is this shit?
It appears I have been mislead!

Are there any laws stating that I can get this for £24.99 instead of £27.98 due to false advertisement? I know it's only £3 extra, but a penny saved is a penny earned.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by kaptink
pay the damn £3 cheapskate

NEVARGH!
That's a pack of ten. Hush.

A ring you say? Hmm..
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Call them on the phone and show them your rage!
Or if you are american: Buy it, and then sue them!
I don't know that there is a law that will help you, but you could email the company and argue with them about the fee. Chances are they will probably just waive the fee so that you will buy their product.
Quote by daytripper75
I don't know that there is a law that will help you, but you could email the company and argue with them about the fee. Chances are they will probably just waive the fee so that you will buy their product.

isn't false adversiting illegal?
Quote by SgtPrice
isn't false adversiting illegal?

Nope. The advert is just an invitation to treat (I think that's what they call it anyway), so technically they could say what ever they wanted to and still charge a completely different price when you check out. If they had sold you it for £24.99 then later tried to get the other £3 they wouldn't be able to.

It's probably worth phoning them and asking which price is right though, they'll probably let you off for the £3.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
these guys are based in canterbury, which isnt far from where i live... next time im in town, ill pop in and let them know their site has false information

from the website though, these seem like really nice guys who care about what they're doing.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I'll email them about it, see what comes of it.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
About a year ago Dell accidentally priced a £1500 graphics card at something stupid like £15, you think they honoured any of the orders made at that price?

Did they bollocks.

Same thing here, they'll apologise for the misleading text and change it.
This is the problem with online retailers, they're bound by different rules. In retail shops the UK Trading Standards Act states that goods must be sold at the advertised price, which is how a friend of mine got a tank of Unleaded for just over 10p a litre when the petrol station price board had its decimal point in the wrong place...
Ceci n'est pas une signature