I actually really liked that
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
crittin as i listen...

intro is amazing! beautiful chords.. mysterious. the crashes in the drums feel a bit premature though.
like the toms at bar25+ really cool. and bass. hell yeah.
*pause*
the drums here give a really odd feel. not really sure if they fit.. maybe change the hi hat to ride?
re-intro.. awesome. the rhodes really adds something special, its beautiful.
again with the toms. again with the bass. nice.
okay the third time round this bit its kinda repetitive now.. but not too bad yet. oh its a loop... that kinda makes it all right : ).
this was an awesome piece but i'm left with an odd feeling like a really good song does, but there aren't any hooks that i remember. really arty moody piece, like it a lot, but sometimes the drums aren't stoned enough and they get a bit carried away. does it have a vocal line?

please return crit... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256530

'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
In all honesty; this made me think of Paper Mario.

It feels like a video game soundtrack; overall though, I thought it was cool.
Here we go.
Found the song.

Anyways, this song has a subtle air to it. It's very tranquil and equally moving.
And it's undoubtably much more subdued than your other works.
I don't know why, but the ambience of it reminds of Russian Circles, especially their newest work with some post-hardcore elements in it.
Very nice to say the least.

You and Blanchard should get back in the TAB songwriting contest.
The songs that both of you create are amazing to say the least.
That and the competition is a bit stale. The songs I like the least are getting top votes, while the songs I vote for are on the bottom or struggling in the middle. Every time. I don't even look at the votes and it still happens.
Maybe my taste is automatically gunna lead down a less popular road.

EDIT:
I felt bad for leaving a longer comment about my diatribe than an honest crit.
Honestly, this is the type of post-rock style I want to write, but with my own flair and such.
That and I want a more coherence and flow in my pieces.
I could simply ask you how you do it, but that's something that isn't answer simply. As usual, I'll be using this piece as reference material.
Last edited by huevos at Jan 13, 2010,