Hey I want to buy Borderlands for the PC.
Im at home over break. Is it possible to install Borderlands on my dads computer, play it, uninstall it and reinstall it on my computer at school. Will it still work online at my school computer? (does the game require you to register your product or something that would prevent this from being possible?)
Thanks
Loool, explain more, You're School system can actually run that?

Depends on the blocks it has, ask them :P

Most likely not :S
the game is wayy to long to keep installing and starting over
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Im sorry, I didn't explain my sell correctly.
I have a Computer at boarding school in my dorm room (it is powerful enough to run borderlands). Im at home now over break and really want to play it now on my dad's computer, uninstall it and then play it in my dorm room at school when school starts.
thanks
Even if it has registration DRM you'll be allowed up to 5 simultaneous activations. I can't remember who the pubs are so I can't say I know their policy.

Easiest thing to do would be to buy the Steam version, that way they game is bound to you, the user rather than the machine.
I think Borderlands might run on Steam. If that's true, as long as you have the login credentials for steam, you can run it on any computer. After playing it on your Dad's computer, go to your computer and bring up your account on steam. It will list Borderland in "My Games" under "Not Installed." Double click on it and it will install for you, without the disk.

I'm not sure if the CD stand-alone runs through steam. I know if you buy it on steam, it will run through steam.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by iHeart_LesPauls
Im sorry, I didn't explain my sell correctly.
I have a Computer at boarding school in my dorm room (it is powerful enough to run borderlands). Im at home now over break and really want to play it now on my dad's computer, uninstall it and then play it in my dorm room at school when school starts.
thanks

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

I'd go for it.
I thought about doing the steam thing, but I was afraid it might not work. (for some reason I can't access fallout 3 from my dads computer, but I can from mine). I was afraid the opposite would happen to the steam version (plus steam version costs more)
Quote by silent caution
the game is wayy to long to keep installing and starting over

Good thing PC saves can be easily transposed from one machine to another via the ancient technological marvel that is the removable storage media then, eh?
Quote by freedoms_stain
Even if it has registration DRM you'll be allowed up to 5 simultaneous activations. I can't remember who the pubs are so I can't say I know their policy.

Easiest thing to do would be to buy the Steam version, that way they game is bound to you, the user rather than the machine.

For some reason, I can't access fallout 3 from my dad's computer though, (although I bought and used it over steam on my computer)