This christmas i got a new 160 gig iPod, because my old one never had enough space for my music. One of my friends bet me that I couldn't fill it with just pure music, i.e, no videos, so I'm gonna see it as a challenge to try and expand my music tastes, because there's no way I can fill it with just music that i presently enjoy.

I know many people will think that I'm just filling it to feel cool and to brag about how many songs, because, of course, there's no way I can listen to all the songs reguarly. But I'm gonna see it as a personal challenge and as a way to expand my taste in music.

Has anyone on here managed to fill one with just music?
Yes. It's not hard.

Just make a track of white noise and repeat it a few thousand times.

Or do what he below me said.

stratkat
Just get super high quality songs that take up a shitload of memory
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
I made a bet with some friends about how many 160GB iPods I could fill with my music collection, and I got onto the 5th (about 750GB total)
Honestly, just download everything that comes into your head
ohai little sig.
i don't really see the point. I mean, once it's full, you wont be able to add any more stuff you genuinely like.

unless you like, delete some stuff i suppose. but I thought the whole point of having a big one was sos you didn't have to
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Just get super high quality songs that take up a shitload of memory

Ah, iTunes compresses everything to an m4a anyway, which will be small. If they would let you use WAVE or FLAC then yeah, you could do that, but unfortunately apple hates music and therefore insists on compressing the shit out of it. It will take quite a while to fill up 160 gigs with m4as.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
I bet my buddy 20 bucks I could fill a 120GB in 5 days, all I did was jump on my torrent sites and downloaded all the tech,math,grind metal I could...guess who won 20 bucks
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I have a 30gb that is full. It really wasn't that hard. I wish I had 160gb.

Check out my profile. I posted a blog about artists that people probably don't listen to, but should. You might find someone you enjoy.
Quote by Greenfinger182
Ah, iTunes compresses everything to an m4a anyway, which will be small. If they would let you use WAVE or FLAC then yeah, you could do that, but unfortunately apple hates music and therefore insists on compressing the shit out of it. It will take quite a while to fill up 160 gigs with m4as.

Apple have their own lossless codec (the inventively named Apple Lossless) it doesn't perform as well as flac, but it will produce stonkingly high bitrate tracks, the ipod must support this format surely?
At first glance at the title I thought, Fetish.

Anyway, Just get every album of every band you know, Even put your friends songs on their for 2-way listening activities
Quote by freedoms_stain
Apple have their own lossless codec (the inventively named Apple Lossless) it doesn't perform as well as flac, but it will produce stonkingly high bitrate tracks, the ipod must support this format surely?

Plus you don't have to convert to m4a. You can easily put mp3's on your iPod. It's one of the formats it supports.
Quote by LedFender
just download the entire discography of any band that comes to your head...

^This is basically what you have to do. I've got a 120 that I've got maybe 2 or 3 gigs left on before I fill it. I don't even have all of my music on it actually.
Quote by freedoms_stain

yeah, you can use apple lossless on iPods, I used to, until I had more than about 10 albums and it stopped fitting on my 16GB.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Get the entire discography of ICP. The torrent for that is huge.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
Get the entire discography of ICP. The torrent for that is huge.

Not worth it. At all. Even a little.
Its not hard, bro
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Pink Floyd's Discography is 4GB, start with them and move onto other bands like Dream Theater, Metallica, Megadeth, Buckethead, Rush etc with large discographies. Don't forget live albums and such
I filled my 16gb but like you i've upgraded to a 160gb classic 30gb of which is used for music.

May i suggest some barry white and the bee gee's.
buy the longest songs you can find and convert them to a really big audio format
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Download Frank Zappa's discography, thats definately the biggest discography I've ever downloaded.

Also download Paul McCartney's discography, thats pretty big too.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
OH! I just thought....

The Fall have about 27 albums out I think, and apparently if you include live albums and bootlegs, it's in the hundreds. They'd be good.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I have 32gigs worth of music on my macbook, and another 25gigs on my external HDD. It's not that hard.
A proper Frank Zappa discography is about 13gb, and it's full of goodness.

Really, it's not that hard, there's so much good music out there. It's only going to be difficult if you have a narrow taste.