Link

What methods should one employ to get a falsetto to sound like that? I can do the softer parts fairly well, but when he starts belting, I have to sing loud and wail like I usually do.
sad thing is I don't think that is falsetto, he just has a freakishly high voice for a male.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Quote by NnjRik
sad thing is I don't think that is falsetto, he just has a freakishly high voice for a male.

I think it IS falsetto... it's sounds too airy to not be falsetto
OMG you DO NOT want to sing like this. LOL
It is unusual, but it is terrible IMHO
He has no balls for sure...

In the begining he's using falceto, but then it is head voice... or even chest voice?. *no balls again*

btw, in the end he says "Thank You" with his "natural" voice. He is doing it as low as he can. you can see it by his face

anyway, my point is - this vocal is female, and I don't see why a man would want to sing like this. wonna sing high - look for Pavarotti, for example...
Last edited by vict at Jan 5, 2010,
It's mostly, if not, all falsetto.

Edit: That was to the guy that said it wasn't falsetto, not TS.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by Morid
I think it IS falsetto... it's sounds too airy to not be falsetto

it'S not falsetto trust me.
Falsetto would be with waaaay less power.
It'S his head voice-
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
it'S not falsetto trust me.
Falsetto would be with waaaay less power.
It'S his head voice-
That's unnaturally high for modal range. That gets up near the top (or maybe even higher) of the alto range. Some guys can get up there in modal range with screams and what not, but not with head voice. At 3:39 he hits an F#5, which is literally the top of the classical alto range. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_type
-Chick Corea
going back to the whole what is head voice thing, in modern terminology what he's doing IS head voice
but if you want to use classical terms it would be called falsetto, there's a big difference between what SLS calls falsetto and head voice though.
Quote by Cheeseman07
going back to the whole what is head voice thing, in modern terminology what he's doing IS head voice
but if you want to use classical terms it would be called falsetto, there's a big difference between what SLS calls falsetto and head voice though.
I always thought falsetto had a pretty standard definition; where the voice "cracks." I've heard it called head voice, but I've never heard anyone say that isn't falsetto.
-Chick Corea
I figured it out, KINDA.

I dunno how to explain it or if this will make any sense, but there's kind of a gray area between head voice and chest voice that I've tapped into. O_o