How? Brown fat.
What is brown fat? According to a number of recent studies, it’s a kind of fat whose only purpose is to burn away other kinds of fat by producing heat. Brown fat cells aren’t hooked up to anything in particular, but they process tissue into ATP and then just let it rip.

Originally, this was a way for cavebabies to survive harsh nature and mothers who probably left them in snowbanks for hours at a time without really thinking it was a thing.

Nowadays, it turns out, humans have more brown fat than ever. And scientists theorize that the reason is that our bodies are slowly evolving to combat the current greatest threat to our species: obesity. That’s right folks: WE’RE SUCH FATASSES THAT OUR BODIES ARE EVOLVING TO COMPENSATE FOR IT.

full article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/lose-weight-the-natural-way-by-slowly-evolving

So basically, we are evolving to fight obesity, which, in other words means America is evolving faster than you. Once again proving our superiority

Discuss.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
You're trusting Cracked.com?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

USA sucks, Portugal roxs
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
God damn, can't nature do something productive? Like kill the obese people instead?

NINJEDIT: Not to mention that evolution is a sham.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
God damn, can't nature do something productive? Like kill the obese people instead?

NINJEDIT: Not to mention that evolution is a sham.

Wow, got in there quick. I hope you're joking or have some damn good evidence, because I've got the scientific community here and they disagree.
I read this article earlier today

cracked.com=/=scientific fact

it's a comedy site.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I can't gain weight to save my life, I live off fast/junk food and soda, i eat what i want when i want.

Obesity doesn't concern me whatsoever.

I love my feminine physique.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 4, 2010,
If thats true, than maybe Britain will evolve to compensate for their ugliness less than positive dental structure

Eeep! Im kidding, im kidding. Youre all lovely. Most of you
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Nahh, everyone knows that humans need the Moon Stone to evolve

No! You need a link cable!
I read stuff about Brown Fat in New Scientist a couple of months ago. It's weird stuff.

stratkat
wait...couldn't this also be because we no longer need large stores of fat in our bodies because we no longer live in caves and leave our babies in snow banks?

Seeing as how evolution works over thousands of years...and america's obesity has only be around ..what...60 years? not even.

Funny read though.
Quote by rizo299
Wow, got in there quick. I hope you're joking or have some damn good evidence, because I've got the scientific community here and they disagree.

I spoke to God last night, and he told me that burying all those fossils was much more hard work than making the coastline of Norway.
If that were true 90% of Americans would have sprouted wings by now.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
Quote by crazy8rgood
You don't?

I'm neutral, but I wouldn't take anything as fact from there.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by chaoticfables
No! You need a link cable!

Really?
Then surely African-Americans are the only truly evolved form of the Humans, since they've been traded the most?

Disclaimer: I am not a racist. Sorry.
Right so evolution has changed our matabolism in like, i dunno 70 years.

So evolution now cuts out the boring shit and makes big changes over one generation...nice.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Really?
Then surely African-Americans are the only truly evolved form of the Humans, since they've been traded the most?

Disclaimer: I am not a racist. Sorry.