I figure a piece of equipment i want to purchase in the future is a delay pedal. I checked out a few online and didnt really know what to compare between a typical boss pedal and any other pedal out there. I suppose what im looking for is a suggestion for a good delay pedal.
The Eventide Timefactor is the best I've ever heard. Pricey though.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Even Bigger D, i'll check that out.
soldano ftw!!

Henis, probably 200. and more so with the warm repeats than multiple functions.
maybe a boss dd7, mxr carbon copy or a line6 dl4. Depends on your budget. I myself have no experience with these but you should check the reviews on here

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by blything09
maybe a boss dd7, mxr carbon copy or a line6 dl4. Depends on your budget. I myself have no experience with these but you should check the reviews on here

i checked the boss dd7 out and it sounds pretty solid. i will probably check it out at GC next time i go.

that Eventide Timefactor looks intense though!
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI
Even Bigger D, i'll check that out.
soldano ftw!!

Henis, probably 200. and more so with the warm repeats than multiple functions.

for warm repeats you don't want the boss.
EHX deluxe memory man has a huge warm sound
MXR is good and warm sounding, doesn't have a lot of options though.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Used EHX Deluxe Memory Man

any major difference between the XO analog and the hazarai pedals?
i`m loving the vox time machine atm, switch it to lo-fi in vintage mode(emulated tape delay) and it boosts the mids and get a toasty warm delay.....still waiting for my review to be approved by the UG team............
its sounding like the EHX is a pretty decent pedal. but it seems like theres two versions... differing 100 dollars.

But it looks like the XO analog version seems a little more free as far as customization goes. Does anyone have any knowledge about the two?
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI
any major difference between the XO analog and the hazarai pedals?

The Hazarai is digital and it has tap tempo, delay, reverse delay, looper and stuff. The normal DMM sounds better though.
If you're gonna go for Boss/digital delay, the DD-20 is pretty awesome. Highly flexible, and includes loop functions/pedal tap tempo.
Maleko 616 is a great analogue delay with quite a few different options sound wise.
Sig What?
Empress Superdelay.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI

that Eventide Timefactor looks intense though!

It is. There's two things I really like about it - one it handles different input levels very well. I've never heard it clip when the level switch is set right, and I can't say that for too many other delays. Second, it's very natural sounding. Good rack delays and verbs are known for not being overdone or fatiguing to listen to, and this brings that to the pedal realm. Having two separate parallel paths on every delay is really nice too.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

TC Electronics Nova or Repeater....Prolly biggest bang / flexibility for the buck. Although I'm sure others will disagree...
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
I've heard good things about the TC nova reverb and delay pedals, but the one I tried sounded broken. I'd love to hear a working one.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

MXR Carbon Copy. affordable, analog, and brilliant.

Quote by Jhachey22
Empress Superdelay.

Isn't that a proguitarshop exclusive?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Isn't [the Empress Superdelay] a proguitarshop exclusive?

No. Only the Vintage modified are exclusive. I don't see how that matters since they ship worldwide.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
empress superdelay
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

The boss delay sounds good to me

How come people on here hardly never recommend boss pedals? I buy them because I find they sound great and are affordable, plus I've seen well known guitarists use them

Is it a case of forum snobbery towards mainstream equipment? Genuine question btw, i'm not trying to offend
Quote by BucketheadOwns

How come people on here hardly never recommend boss pedals? I buy them because I find they sound great and are affordable, plus I've seen well known guitarists use them

Is it a case of forum snobbery towards mainstream equipment? Genuine question btw, i'm not trying to offend

People just like what they like. This forum has pretty lowbrow tastes in guitars and amps (lots of Epis and Bugeras it seems), so I wouldn't consider it snobby in general.

Now personally, I'm a massive gear snob. I try not to be TOO obvious about it though. Personally, every Boss pedal I've ever owned has had stupid problems within 5-10 gigs. So I don't trust them and never recommend them for serious use. I don't think their line buffers sound very good either. But as I said, I'm a snob.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Last edited by Even Bigger D at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by BucketheadOwns

TS already knows about Boss pedals. he wants information on lesser known and boutique pedals.

i agree with you, though. Boss delay pedals are hard to beat for the price.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
wow is all i can say about the empress!
Thanks for all the suggestions though, im gunna have to try em out and see which one best suits me
Quote by BucketheadOwns

I personally cannot stand boss pedals. and yes I am a gear snob. I am a boutique/classic/vintage *****.
The Empress Super Delay ranks among the end all of delay pedals alongside the Eventide Timefactor.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
MXR Carbon Copy
Malekko 616
Line 6 DL4
EHX DMM
Lunar Echo
Boss DD-20

I personally own the TC Nova Delay and it's a blessing. Quite pricey, but it's rather easy to EQ around, just takes some logic on what you are after. I can do some clips if you want. PM me or whatever. =P
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Jan 8, 2010,