Hey guys, been considering getting a new amp recently. Lately I've been listening to the band Brand New a lot (I know there's probably many people who would flame me for that, but that's not the point of this thread), and I was thinking about getting an amp to get close to their sound.

I like their cleans, but I really like their distortion as well. Here's a video that showcases some of the tones I'm looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDrTEoHVYMk

There's a good mix of their clean and distortion in that song. Distortion starts around 1:45 if you want to skip ahead.

Anyway my budget is preferably around $800, though I could stretch somewhat. I'd prefer new gear.

I have a Fender Strat and a Schecter C-1 Classic, don't know if that influences the decision. Thanks.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
From wikipedia.
Jesse(guitarist and singer) has been known to play Fender Telecasters, a Rickenbacker 330, numerous Fender Jazzmasters, and more recently, a Fender Mustang and Squier Super-Sonic. His acoustic guitars include a Takamine TF450SMSB Pro Series NEX, a Gibson Hummingbird, and a Taylor 314ce. His effects pedal board consists of (or has consisted of) a Line6 DL4, Boss DD-2, Boss DD-5, Morley ABY Selector Switch, Digitech Whammy, Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer, MXR Blue Box, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, among many others. He has used multiple amp and cab combinations including a Marshall Super Lead, Vox AC30, Matchless Phoenix 35, Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10, Fender Twin, and an Orange Rockerverb among others. He plays his amps through a THD Hot Plate.

Seems like you are going to have to buy used.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole
From wikipedia.

Seems like you are going to have to buy used.

Huh. Thanks for that, you know I even looked at Wikipedia and must have somehow missed that.

What of those do you think I should shoot for? I know things like the Fenders aren't really known for their distortions, more for the cleans, but I don't know if they're using pedals for the distortion or amps.
I’ve taken some comfort
Up.
I’ve taken some comfort
peavey classic with a good quality od/distortion like the visual sound, jekyll and hyde or a keeley mod ds1 or something classics usually go for $550-600 new

Edit -
oh and traynors are good also, try a YCV40
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Last edited by Mybleedinglung8 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
peavey classic with a good quality od/distortion like the visual sound, jekyll and hyde or a keeley mod ds1 or something classics usually go for $550-600 new

Edit -
oh and traynors are good also, try a YCV40

I actually already own a Peavey Classic 30, and it does the sound decent, but I was maybe looking for a slight step up.
I’ve taken some comfort
vox ac50 combo gets my vote for new.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
vox ac50 combo gets my vote for new.

I've never seen one of these. What does it sound like? Will it be able to nail that distortion? I'm going to try and find some videos and clips.
I’ve taken some comfort
So I looked up the AC50 on YouTube, and I must admit I really liked what I heard. I've been browsing the internet and they appear as if they're somewhat hard to come by though, even Ebay seems to be rather sparse. Suggestions?
I’ve taken some comfort
Bump.
I’ve taken some comfort