Maybe look into Budda amps? They're a bit on the expensive side of things, though.

I'd look at the Randall RM stuff too, you could probably get an AC30 module and a Plexi or Brown or something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Maybe look into Budda amps? They're a bit on the expensive side of things, though.

I just came in here to say exactly that. The Superdrive 30 is basically VOX cleans/slight breakup on one side and 80's metal on the other side. Cool amps. I own a Superdrive 80 myself.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
well, depends on your price range. check out the 65 amps london, or for cheaper maybe a vox nighttrain
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Vox AC30 + Rothwell Hellbender / any other Marshall in a box?

for better suggestions.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
what about the Vox AC50???

The AC50's distortion is a bit dark to be called 'Marshally', and I'm not sure that the cleans are as chimey as you want them to be. It could probably use a speaker/tube swap too.

That and they're discontinued.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you have the money, you can get an AC30 and a JCM 800 50 watt of some sort and A/B it.

If you really have the money, you can get 2 AC30s, one for cleans one for lighter distortion, and one 800.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by Raijouta

I'd look at the Randall RM stuff too, you could probably get an AC30 module and a Plexi or Brown or something.

This 100%. The RM series does a really good job at analog modeling.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
much as i wasn't fussed on the one i tried, maybe a blackstar artisan 15? or the 30, if it sounds similar (only tried the 15).

budda is a good call, too, as is the randall (though both are dear in the UK). Cornford might be too, though they don't really have the two channels which sound like that, more you can dial them in to sound a little more voxy, or more marshally.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
so, what I'm looking for is a beautiful, Vox AC30 style, Jangly Clean/Light Overdrive, paired with a Marshall Style OD which pushes up into 80s metal levels?

Quite frankly that's exactly what I get using my Marshall 1974x clone paired with a DS-1.
Quote by kyle62
Quite frankly that's exactly what I get using my Marshall 1974x clone paired with a DS-1.

y'know, i was thinking that my 18 watter doesn't sound a million miles off a vox when run fairly clean, but didn't want to get accused of pimping the valvepower too much (though i suspect that ship has already sailed ). It doesn't have the two channels, though, but it'd be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?