So the other day, I was in a Sam Ash. There were two guitars that Im almost positive were not normal production models. They were an xpt700, but in a bright, almost candy apple red, with what appeared to be d-activator x's and a gold tremthat may have been either an edge 3 or an edge pro. The other guitar was an xpt707, but in metallic black instead of the standard green chamillion. Is Ibanez holding out on us, or are these customs that were sold to the store?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
sometimes companies will do special runs for different stores or have a line of prototypes or whatever. drumcityguitarland gets a whole bunch of schecter prototypes, they're usually pretty cool.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Large retailers can special order items they can sell exclusively. I have an Epiphone LP Standard custom shop that was only sold thru Sam Ash. It came with black MOP truss rod cover and pick guard, trans black flame maple top and original Bill Lawrence pick ups. I wouldn't doubt they made some deal with Ibanez for some specific colors and hardware that is not something you'll find any where else.

John
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Did it look anything like this? http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/XPT750

yes, but with gold hardware.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
there are a number of ibanez models and finishes that are exclusive to Sam Ash.

same with fender and others.

edut: i work there so order through me.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

IF only you guys shipped to holland...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
IF only you guys shipped to holland...

yea i found out recently that we can but its not a common thing. nor an easy one for the store mgr. but it is doable.
Quote by jkielq91
i played this really nice rg in a shop near me that had a really beautiful cracked wood top that i havnt seen any where else and its not on there site.

its meant to be cracked btw hehe

Spalted maple, by the sound of it.
Quote by gregs1020

Can you get a 7 string Xiphos with a trem?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Can you get a 7 string Xiphos with a trem?

i will find out.
Quote by gregs1020
i will find out.

Thanks, Ive been trying to decide between a 6 xiphos with a trem, and the 7 string hardtail version. The only one that seemed to work is the custom guitar that the guitarist from Necrophagist is having made (it also has 27 frets along with the 7 string trem). But I dount that Ibanez is going to release it as a sig any time soon.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
yep, xiphos seven with trem. i have 3 in the system and can order new from ibanez.
so you guys can ship to Holland?
I have to keep that in mind...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by gregs1020
yep, xiphos seven with trem. i have 3 in the system and can order new from ibanez.

How much would it cost?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ