Alright so, I need to pick 2 more pedals for my pedalboard, and seeing as I only have the gator pedal tote. I really only have room for 2 boss size pedals(I want to try to keep all of the pedals on the board if possible, I'll take the wah off if really needed)

I need a killer distortion pedal, I've had my eye on the ProCo RAT II, but I haven't met anyone who uses it besides a fusion player who has a vintage one and swears by it. Here's a list of distortions I was thinking about, let me know what you guys think about each and if you have any recommendations for others.

ProCo RAT2
Boss DS-1
Boss DS-2
Boss SD-1
Boss FZ-5
Boss DN-2
Little Big Muff
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive

Just some pedals I've heard nice things about, not all typical "distortion pedals" but nice regardless.

Now I need help with a delay. The Line 6 DL4 is what I would love to go with the only issue is I don't have the room for it and I don't use too much delay anyways.(I'm looking for something relatively cost effective and I don't need more than a second of delay time) Either analog or digital delay are fine, I enjoy both sounds and I can use both for my purpose.

I was thinking about the:
Boss DD-3
MXR Carbon Copy
Delta Lab DD1
Digitech Digidelay
BBE TwoTimer
Ibanez AD-9
Modtone MD-AD

thanks all.
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

Schecter Stiletto Studio-4

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
if you don't use that much delay, put that money towards your distortion pedal. all the ones you listed (save the sparkle drive) either need mods to sound good or are pure sh*t. trust me. the FZ5 is like a backline of MGs.

What is the closest major city to you?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Why can't you just make a bigger pedal board?
The DL4 is great for experimental and prog rock, but it'd really be a waste if you don't want very much delay/spacey sounds.
Exactly what kind of distortion are you looking for?

For distortion, look at the Hardwire SC-2. That pedal is pretty friggen awesome, I get all of the dirt tones out of it that I need. The crunch mode almost acts as a Tubescreamer and the Saturated mode bumps it up a notch.

I've heard not so great things about the newer ProCo RATS.

The MXR Carbon Copy is a nice pedal, also take a look at EHX. Great quality products, if you're willing to spend a little more.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by Jhachey22
if you don't use that much delay, put that money towards your distortion pedal. all the ones you listed (save the sparkle drive) either need mods to sound good or are pure sh*t. trust me. the FZ5 is like a backline of MGs.

What is the closest major city to you?

Manhattan is about an hour and a half south of me. What do you think distortion-wise? I'mtrying to search out a vintage RAT, but they're impossible to find.
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Quote by HowerPower
Why can't you just make a bigger pedal board?
The DL4 is great for experimental and prog rock, but it'd really be a waste if you don't want very much delay/spacey sounds.

I could, but for my purposes it's just a pain and I'm content having this really small board because all of my pedals normally fit, I have a crybaby, a 76 reissue dynacomp, a bd-2, a dano vibrato(great for leslie effect, and the dynacomp fattens it up a little) a small clone, and a tu-2. I just realized that the BD-2 doesn't give me as much crunch as I want, and I want to have some delay for the more ambient stuff I do.
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Exactly what kind of distortion are you looking for?

For distortion, look at the Hardwire SC-2. That pedal is pretty friggen awesome, I get all of the dirt tones out of it that I need. The crunch mode almost acts as a Tubescreamer and the Saturated mode bumps it up a notch.

I've heard not so great things about the newer ProCo RATS.

The MXR Carbon Copy is a nice pedal, also take a look at EHX. Great quality products, if you're willing to spend a little more.

I'm looking for a distortion that provides more gain than a blues driver but not enough to be considered a metal pedal. does that help at all?
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
okay so, for delays I still need recommendations, but for guitar I have 2 choices,

either one of the Tech 21s, like the sansamp tri ac, or the Rat. what does everyone think?
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Quote by pedrothelion123
okay so, for delays I still need recommendations, but for guitar I have 2 choices,

either one of the Tech 21s, like the sansamp tri ac, or the Rat. what does everyone think?

get the carbon copy i posted for $125.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I'd say a rat sounds like your thing, and for delay i'd look for a used DD-3, no frills and the newer models mean it's reasonably priced used.
Strat

Proco Turbo RAT
Boss RE-20

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by forsaknazrael

This, and get the Boss DD-3... A simple and effective delay pedal.
Or a DD-7, if you feel the need for the tap-tempo feature.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112