So, for a few months now, whenever I turn the volume on my overdrive channel down to 0, it still makes noise, and yes its turned completely to 0. Has any one experienced similar problems? Is this a bad sign?

I should mention that this noise is me playing, I can also turn it up and the volume doesn't increase until about the .5 mark
Last edited by Sadbutrue62 at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by Sadbutrue62
So, for a few months now, whenever I turn the volume on my overdrive channel down to 0, it still makes noise, and yes its turned completely to 0. Has any one experienced similar problems? Is this a bad sign?

I should mention that this noise is me playing, I can also turn it up and the volume doesn't increase until about the .5 mark

I have that problem with my Peavey Blazer. as long as it's not overly loud, ther's no problem. if you amp is at shouting level, then you might want to get it checked out.

what amp are you using? that information could be useful.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
you mean you hear your guitar acoustically? cause that definetely should happen, if not, I'm no expert but it would make sense to me that its just the the pre-amp making the noise, and the power amp isn't doing anything (probably wrong though)
Quote by Sadbutrue62
the noise is hardly audible at all, definitely not at shouting level

then there is nothing to worry about.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I have the same thing with my 6505+. I wouldn't worry about it. I figure it's just a testament to my amp's insane loudness that it can never be turned all the way down. lol.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.