Something that's happened to a friend of mine's acoustic, and recently, my own is that the 13th and 14th fret of the high e both are the same note. On my guitar, the 11th fret tends to get pretty pissy on my high e too. What's causing this and how do I fix?
Quote by xylophone
the 13th and 14th fret of the high e both are the same note.

Have you actually taken a tuner and tested to see if they are the same note?

Quote by xylophone
the 11th fret tends to get pretty pissy on my high e too.

Really now? That's some of the worst descriptive language I've heard to describe something like this.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by Chaos Nil
Have you actually taken a tuner and tested to see if they are the same note?

Really now? That's some of the worst descriptive language I've heard to describe something like this.

I have actually. They're both at F#. And I mean it's just really buzzy and nasty sounding. Guy above mentioned humidity. Does that mean after winter they'll go back to normal? Or will I have to get something adjusted?
Thanks alot man. If I don't get this humidifier, though, will the guitar revert back to normal during the summer?
Crap dude. Well, I guess I know what I'm spending my Christmas money on haha Thanks for the info. Keeping this guitar in good shape is pretty high priority for me.
humidifiers aren't that expensive. a decent one will run about 12 dollars.

it's good keeping your guitar nice is a high priority. I didn't care about humidity...boy was I wrong on that one. at least I learned my lesson!