A lot of stuff happened to people around me these past few weeks. One of my friend's girlfriend just broke up with him. Another had a family member commit suicide. What do i say to them? How can i show that I'm there for them?
give them a hug. tell them you're there for them.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
give them a hug. tell them you're there for them.

/thread.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Show your now single and lonely friend the benefits of suicide with example B.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by PcaKes
A lot of stuff happened to people around me these past few weeks. One of my friend's girlfriend just broke up with him. Another had a family member commit suicide. What do i say to them? How can i show that I'm there for them?

By whipping it out..

But seriously just comfort them, make them see there's still good in the world etc..
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
I know it's hard to choose between your friend's ex and a suicide victim, but if it realllly came down to it I say the dead one.

more holes, more fun.
Quote by DangerPat 00
I know it's hard to choose between your friend's ex and a suicide victim, but if it realllly came down to it I say the dead one.

more holes, more fun.

❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Just be there for them, that's all they can ask of you, there's really not much you can really do, you can't magically bring back the suicide victim and you can't undo a break up all you can do is tell them that things will be ok and try to get their mind off of it. Being a real friend is not trying to change everything wrong in their life just being there when they need you most and being their designated driver when things get horrible. If they want to talk it out and express how they feel then listen but don't try to push their feelings out of them they'll face them when their ready to. I know that doesn't sound like you're doing much, but little things mean the world in times of need.
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

i must say the family suicide seems a lot worse then a relationship ending

with someone being broke up just give them a week and they'll be fine again (how it usually works)
with suicide be careful in what you say around them but try not to act too different to how you normally would

Quote by DangerPat 00

more holes, more fun.

OT: All you can really do is be there for them, there's no real fix...But a suicide is unbelievably painful and not something that really gets easier to deal with over any kind of short term, that should be your priority. It's also hard to help someone through it, because you can't act like nothing happened but it's just as bad to treat them like a china doll...You have to find a very narrow balance. I'm sorry to hear it...
It's a tough situation... people who are in difficult situations react differently. Some people need a lot of people around them to comfort them and all that. Others want some space for them to be alone for a while.

If you know them well enough, you should be able to figure out what kind of friend to be... Embracive or distant... or something in between. That's my advice.
Quote by PcaKes
don't try to be a hero or anything. keep it all low-key.
"Hey, i know things can't be easy for you right now and I don't wanna pry. But if you need to talk, or need some help with anything, i'll be glad to do whatever I can."

and yeah, hugs are always welcome at times like these.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.