i was playing unholy confession when i realized i was tuned to drop c. i thought about it and got out my capo. i put it on my second fret over all the strings. when i checked if the fattest string was tuned correctly, it wasn't. shouldn't it be because drop c is just drop d tuned down?
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

"Stop playing those pussy notes son... Play some MAN CHORDS!"

Ó én sokkal! Én vagyok, hát egy leopárd!

you'd have to have the capo on the 4th fret of the low e.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
what gauge do you use?

make sure you arent bending the strings with the capo...

check to make sure your intonation is set up correctly
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
Quote by mikeyElite

that'll put it at E. the song he wants to play is drop D, so it'd only need to go on the 2nd fret.

anyways, make sure you're drop C is in tune. I think there may be some extra pressure pressing on the strings making the strings go a little sharp.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well i'm using .10s and the capo is bending a strings a bit. can you get weaker capos?
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

mikeyelite is mistaken. Yes a capo on the second fret would raise it one step and indeed make the SAME EXACT thing as drop d just now your guitar is two frets shorter and more confusing to play.

About the tuning, if your strings are bending because they are loose, you could re-tune. I dont see the point in this but I'm sure there is some instances where you would do this.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by randomhero93
that'll put it at E. the song he wants to play is drop D, so it'd only need to go on the 2nd fret.

anyways, make sure you're drop C is in tune. I think there may be some extra pressure pressing on the strings making the strings go a little sharp.

momentary confusion, sorry. thank you for correcting
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite

Wrong. It's second fret.
Drop D is D A D G B E
Drop C is C G C F A D
The difference is 2 frets.

TS, how much is your tuning off?
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
TS, how much is your tuning off?

it's about a half step sharp.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

Quote by sic006

It's probably that your drop C tuning is off a bit or it could be your capo bending the strings a bit. When they are that loose, the slightest bend in the string can make a lot of difference. Your best option would be to just tune up the strings.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Quote by sic006

What kind of capo are you using? If you use a big acoustic capo on an electric it goes crazy sharp like this. Switching to an adjustable capo will make it go much less sharp.
Quote by jpnyc
What kind of capo are you using? If you use a big acoustic capo on an electric it goes crazy sharp like this. Switching to an adjustable capo will make it go much less sharp.

yea i'm using an acoustic capo.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

might want to get higher gauge strings because having 10s for Drop C just makes the strings all loose and when you put that capo on, it would bend the strings to a slightly different note. Im pretty sure thats your problem
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
i found a better capo that works fine. if i leave it on for extended periods would i hurt anything?
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

I've never had any problems. It should be fine.
Quote by Geldin
Quote by cobracarg
might want to get higher gauge strings because having 10s for Drop C just makes the strings all loose

i was thinking about switching to .11s but would i be able to tune to standard then?
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

Quote by sic006
i was thinking about switching to .11s but would i be able to tune to standard then?

I had .12s and was tuned to D standard but E standard worked too, just tune it carefully so you don't snap anything.

I use .11s for E standard now.
Quote by tenfold
Well I think SRV used .12's for Standard so probably.

actually on wiki it says he used .13s alot. but who knows, its wikipeida after all.
Pffft, who cares?
Drop Z is where it's at.

Quote by sic006
actually on wiki it says he used .13s alot. but who knows, its wikipeida after all.

He used 13s on Eb tuning.... I dont think he played in standard
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead