I got this effects board last year, and I have yet to try it out. I think you need additional equipment to use it, so I was wondering if it was worth it. Yes, I know there are better ways, but I'm seeing if I should take advantage of what capabilities it already possesses.

If it is of any relevance, I play mostly Metal.
Well, I have one, and me and my friend recorded a joke song using it, and it has some decent recording quality! you just plug your guitar into the pedal, and the pedal into your microphone jack on your computer. If you want to check out the recording, its in my sig, xPathwaysx. It's the second song. (Ignore the vocals, we can't scream to save our lives)
yo
ok mate i have one of these to and i have recorded with it
if you going to record metal distortions direct into the computer Dont it will sound like a million digital bees in a blender
but if you run it through an amp and mic it up it that way it will sound soo much better this is because it dosent emulate the speaker like some multi effects pedals do
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
you could
might need an audio interface via usb or fire wire
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die