Demonhunter04
363 IQ
So, the rhythm guitarist for my church's youth praise band is no longer a part of the band and one of the band members asked me if I wanted to take his position. Of course, I have to audition first. I have been playing for two years. Here's my youtube channel if you want to see how I play:http://www.youtube.com/user/7Hardcore7Christian7

If you have been in a similar position, could you please tell me what I should expect from this audition, what you think may be required of me, and anything else useful. Thanks.
chickrawker
647 IQ
so seeing as its a church praise band (this is not a diss i play in one as well.. well, kinda forced too ha) itll be easy.. 4 chords, sinmple music, repetative music and lyrics, etc... HA but if they play more like disciple n stuff like that itll be a little different.. this was a pointless post.. mine not yours.. and im rambling so ill shut up

BUT just ask more specifics of them to see what theyll e looking for
either way its bad - i dont know animals
User_Name336
I have e coli (see below)
730 IQ
i had to do some church songs in the past on several occasions and it gave me a run for my money. i wasnt given sheet music until 5 minutes before (expected to play 5-6 songs) usually they were really easy except for those one or two songs that are always a part it of where they are fast, upbeat and have complex chords. most of the songs are a joke, but here and there you're stuck playing something that's pretty challenging even for the best of us
Demonhunter04
363 IQ
Quote by chickrawker
so seeing as its a church praise band (this is not a diss i play in one as well.. well, kinda forced too ha) itll be easy.. 4 chords, sinmple music, repetative music and lyrics, etc... HA but if they play more like disciple n stuff like that itll be a little different.. this was a pointless post.. mine not yours.. and im rambling so ill shut up

BUT just ask more specifics of them to see what theyll e looking for

thanks, I have noticed that I hear a G major chord in just about every song, so maybe you're right. i guess i'm just a little nervous i've never been in a band before.
Demonhunter04
363 IQ
Quote by wtflolbbq
dont suck

thank you! ill keep that in mind! lol
lespaul1216
Usered Register
504 IQ
well, our fine moderator AlanHB has written an article here on UG about auditions.
you should prob read that.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
the humanity
A Political Man
3,177 IQ
just relax, be fun, don't try to overplay the songs.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Demonhunter04
363 IQ
Quote by lespaul1216
well, our fine moderator AlanHB has written an article here on UG about auditions.
you should prob read that.

where is that? i cant find it
TasianSensation
1,273 IQ
Quote by Demonhunter04
thanks, I have noticed that I hear a G major chord in just about every song, so maybe you're right. i guess i'm just a little nervous i've never been in a band before.

Pretty sure you mean a Gsus chord....

Jokes aside, you should ask what you'll be expected to know, and then know it. Be handy with open chords, barre chords, and a bunch of different chord voicings and you should be fine. Mainly the open and barre chords though.

Good luck!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
I've done a favor for a friend and played with a church band a few times and from my experiences most of the music is just 3-4 chord wonders. so just make sure your up to par on you open, barre and maybe a few slash chords and you should be all set. just relax and play. good luck!!