I have a MIM fender strat and a boss ds-1 pedal, for a clean/alternative/fuzz tone ..........all I need is a amp in my bedroom which would you guys recommend

yes I know you guys are sick of these threads but I would greatly appreciate it

thanx
Vypyr.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
The Vypyr obviously, seeing as how the MG is one of the most hated amps on UG (along with the Line 6 Spider).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by kyle62
Try the Peavey Transtube series instead, or maybe the Vox AC4.

Except those are in a completely different price range relative to OP's amp choices.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Quote by glemnar
Except those are in a completely different price range relative to OP's amp choices.
Good point, the Vox is a lot more pricey than I thought. Still think the Transtube series are ideal in the price range.
I agree with the Peavey Transtube.
theyre distortion sound decent and have better than average cleans from a solid state.
and you could get an used one for cheap.

i got mine for 50 bucks.
Classical Guitarist
why have you spent so much on a good guitar and pedal if your buying such a cheap amp?
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Neither, both are poo.

Listen to da Kyle and da Zeps.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Redstar5wp
why have you spent so much on a good guitar and pedal if your buying such a cheap amp?

I mean, its for my room, all those other amps are more expensive, but also louder, I think 15 watts is loud enough dont you think?
Quote by Kid Lucas
I mean, its for my room, all those other amps are more expensive, but also louder, I think 15 watts is loud enough dont you think?

It should be more than loud enough for the bedroom.

Isn't this like your 5th "looking for a new amp" thread?
if it's a solid state you don't have to worry about it being too loud.
they sound better at lower volumes anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by CL/\SH
It should be more than loud enough for the bedroom.

Isn't this like your 5th "looking for a new amp" thread?

I have come down to these 2 options
I personally dislike the MG strongly but I played a Vypyr 15 in store recently and found it to do reasonable high gain models at a low volume. It was fairly tight at a low volume which would make it ideal for home practice in my opinion. The more clean orientated amp models were passable, workable but not sparkling. I'm considering a Vypyr 30 myself just for the extra stompbox options and slightly larger speaker. The main drawback was the cheap looking speaker on the 15, its a bit flimsy.

You always have to keep in mind the price bracket and the competition, too many around here compare apples with oranges. Don't let that put you off too much.
If you have to get either, go for the Vypyr, while I detest them both, the Vypyr is probably better. I'd still go for the Transtube if I were you.
Vypyr.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
In all of your threads you've never mentioned what you're playing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The new Marshall MGFX series is nicer than the older MG's. I think they sound a lot better with a lot of options. I haven't played the littler Vypyr but like someone already said, it is lacking compared to the 30 watt's options. I think in the 15 watt range you would be better off with a Spider IV for reliability and versatility. You can get a footswitch for it later on if need be but you can't do that for the Vypyr 15 watter according to Peavey's Vypyr comparison chart on their website. You may want to save just a little more and goes with something better like a Vox Valvetronix which is way better than any of those in my opinion. Some people like the Roland Cubes better for portability and onboard effects but I've yet to personally play one. Good luck on making a choice!
I've helped a friend finding an amp last week, ultimately he also had to decide between those two.

The Marshall could make a nice warm and crunchy sound, and stuff.
The Vypyr could do the same, and a whole lot more. I seriously regret having a Roland Cube 20X, and I'm probably gonna steal my friend's amp one day.

Just my two cents
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time"