I am looking for a guitar synthesizer because they seem pretty cool and would be fun to fool around with. Most of them seem to be very expensive so I am looking for on thats under $150 and I will be used. Thanks
Gear:

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
Do you mean a keyboard that's played much like a guitar or a computer program used to emulate a guitar?
Or maybe you mean a guitar that runs basically on touchpads?

God so many options.

Like this? Just for reference purposes, lol.
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Last edited by glemnar at Jan 4, 2010,
Keytar?
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
No not a keytar yeah maybe the midi setup put I was think about like the ehx HOG type
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
That might be a little bit too much
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
I agree with the micro synth. Seems like a pretty fun pedal. Nice username and avatar by the way TS. One of the better bands there have been in the world.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
The Line 6 FM4 has some cool synths in it, you could get one used for about that. The EHX Micro Synth is cool, if you could stretch your budget and look used there's the EHX POG.
Both versions of the Digitech Synth Wah fall in the desired price range and can produce many of the same textures as the EHX Microsynth. The Ibanez SB7 Synthesizer Bass is another cheap option, but much more limited than the Digitech XSW or EHX microsynth. A Boss SYB-3/5 or the Behringer equivalent may be other pedals that are worth a try.
The digitech xsw would probably be my best bet for the price. And thanks greenwood.
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
would a bass pedal work well with guitar?
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
I can't vouch for all bass pedals, but my friend tried running his guitar through my SYB-5. It worked, it just sounded a bit weak.
Gear:
Palmer 4-String Electric
Palmer 4-String Acoustic
Orange Terror Bass 500 head
Orange OBC115 cab
M-Audio KeyRig 49
Quote by XtwoheadedboyX
would a bass pedal work well with guitar?

There are quite a few bass synth pedals that only track well in a standard-tuned guitar's lower register. I don't recall having this issue with the Digitech Bass Synth Wah, but the Ibanez SB7 was a bit wonky on the high E string.
Ok i might try some of the bass ones out. I play bass to though so I could use it for both.
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B