So I am in a Vocal Production class for the Recording Arts program that I am in at college. My Instructor today was explaining vocal anatomy and everything pretty much lined up with what I have read elsewhere except that he said Nodes/Polyps can either come from improper singing or some people can get them genetically. Does anyone else have further information on that? Either supporting it or debating it?
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
I can't support the 'genetic' thing, but check this out for evidence of poor vocal technique causing nodes/polyps/etc.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1218090

The evidence is really overwhelming.

An acquaintance of mine damaged his voice so badly back in the late '70's that his doctor told him that if he even *spoke* for the next six months, he likely wouldn't have a voice to speak to his children. The good news is that, with learning proper technique, he was back within months, went on to sell literally hundreds of thousands of records while touring the world, and thirty years later, is still singing better than ever.

http://www.brianvollmer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I have seen the thread before and I can totally agree with that, but he is suggesting that poor technique is not the only possible cause of nodes and that genetics can play a part in it. His evidence is that he has worked with singers that have beautiful technique but still manage to get nodes, and he has heard singers with terrible technique that never get them. He is trying to suggest that your genetics plays into your susceptibility to get them along with poor technique
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom