talent show is friday
i wrote a solo to be played over jason becker altitudes(my friend is playing the rythm on his acoustic)
if all goes well it will be good
however i do not have the solo down 100%, the only way i can get threw it without messing up is if i practice with the metronome and warm up alot prior to playing it.
i also have pretty bad performance anxiety, however i do have xanax an beta blockers wich i plan to take both. so should i play? i really do not want to get up there and play teribaly in front of hundreds
Unless you practice and play with xanax and beta blockers all the time I would not recommend doing that. If anything you are then putting yourself in an even more unfamiliar situation. Not only is a crowd watching you, but your body is in a different state then it usually is when you practice. Not only that, but you may become dependent on them to play live.

Maybe before Friday practice your ass off, but don't wear your fingers out; and try playing the solo for some people that have never heard you play before, then when all of those other people are in front of you it may make it easier.
Last edited by hollow1928years at Jan 4, 2010,
If you don't have it down now, you won't have it down by the performance date. Either play a song you already know or wait until the next performance opportunity.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
i wouldnt suggest taking something to help you. in the long run, it wont help you. the only way to get over it is to do it more.

also, dont expect to do anything perfect....ever. no one is able to do that. a few mistakes wont matter. plus, most people dont even play an instrument and will probably not even notice. just keep playing as if nothing happened.

if you dont think you can do it, try making the solo easier to play or play something you know well.
Quote by AlanHB
If you don't have it down now, you won't have it down by the performance date. Either play a song you already know or wait until the next performance opportunity.

this
Quote by Adam Loeke
I'd work up something more simple. I'd perform though.

The only way to get over performance anxiety is to perform and watch the chicks swoon over your lead guitar skills.

Weezer is easy to play and impresses the ladies. So are most tunes by The Black Keys.

Let us know what you decide to do! I hope you perform!
Quote by Disaronno
The only way to get over performance anxiety is to perform and watch the chicks swoon over your lead guitar skills.

Chicks don't care how hard the song is to play either. Just as long as it sounds good, everyone should like it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Play an easy song that sounds good. The average person doesn't care if you nail a difficult solo with 3 octave string skipping multi finger tapping, and chances are if you can't do it now you won't do it perfect on the day.

People like steve vai and Satch can do much more complicated stuff than they play live, yet they don't, because they wouldnt be able to play it perfectly 100% of the time.