So with all of the budget basses and guitars, and the Chinese getting better at what they do, I was wondering how the Sterling by MusicMan basses are. I tried a real MusicMan at a Guitar Center and I was astounded at its punchiness and growl (not a Warwick growl, mind you, but a real sweet growl). Also, that may be due to the fact that I was playing through a Mesa M6 Carbine and a 4x10 and a 2x12 cab.

Now, I could only find one thread on these a way back, but me being me, I was not satisfied with that, so I had to make a thread of my own.

Are these anything like their American brethren in terms of sound quality? What about build quality? <-- that isn't as much of an issue to me as sound quality.

EDIT: btw I'm mainly wondering about the 4 string Stingray copies. The RAY34's.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Jan 4, 2010,
They sound really good, I demo'd one for a couple of minutes, and it was a very good bass, both the sterling one and the stringray model ones. Nice to play, fast, very much like the Mm stingrays neck except i found a tad slimmer.
I would rate them high up, still i would prefer an MM stingray but they make a good substitute.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
^ that's a really good video thanks!

aybody got any more stuff to say?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees