So my friend gave a couple of pedals I could use for my gig last week, thing is I lost them . I had gone out with them in my bag (the day he gave them to me) and i left the bag like a idiot at a rec center. Immediately I called the place to see if they were still there but of course they said it wasnt there (and i had called several times). At this point, I'm gonna have to tell him I lost them and that I'll pay him back. Problem is it comes out to $300 in pedals and i only have like $150. I think I'll offer something of mine as ransom until I can pay him fully or if he wants to keep them(prob like my Line 6 POD or my Jackson guitar or something else that I value a lot). I'm worried about that and how I will tell him as he is one of best friends and I don't want to lose him because of a **** up I made . I guess what I'm asking is for is advice for my situation as I'm typing this scared shitless and without a clue what to do.

Sorry if it's a little incoherent as I'm having a mild panic attack right now.
If he really is your best friend he won't stop being your friend, but he'll probably be pissed off for a while

edit:try ebay?
Tell him straight. And be honest. Explain what you've done to make up for it.

Honesty is the best policy
_Don't click the "O" in "Dough".
!DOUGH_BOY!
- Fatal consequences will ensue.
Tell him what you told us.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what a panic attack is.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
If he doesn't want to be your friend because you lost a few replaceable objects, he's not a very good friend in the first place.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by KnownUnknown
Yeah I know dude, I just saying I'm ****ing scared as all hell.
What are you scared of?

Something happened that you can't change - only learn from. You're going to end up telling your friend at some point. You want to make things better.

That's all there is to it.

I would say you're a good friend for feeling so guilty about it and even willing to give up a guitar. If you're that nice, there isn't much to fear in a friendship besides being taken advantage of (and that's not happening here).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
You already know what you have to do, sounds like. Anything else would be dishonest and dickish.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by dough_boy

this is just me but i tend not to listen to morals that rhyme. idk
Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
this is just me but i tend not to listen to morals that rhyme. idk

edit- you do realize the second and third quotes in your sig are sarcastic, right?
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by mcjosh

edit- you do realize the second and third quotes in your sig are sarcastic, right?

EDIT: you do realize i dont care, right?
Last edited by sol-sob-on-pcp at Jan 4, 2010,
If he is your best friend, and you actually pay him back, I doubt he will stop being your friend. At least not if he actually values your friendship at all.
Go back to the rec center and look for yourself. I can't stand talking to people over the phone like that.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by dough_boy

Fuck that. The only way out of this is to lie your ass off, dude. Tell him a kimodo dragon attacked you, and you tried to fight it off, but alas, there was no stopping it, and it grabbed your backpack and ran off. You might wanna cut yourself up a little with a razorblade, just to seal the deal.
I can't go back. I was there for a Basketball game and it's in another county (like 3 hours?) and i can't drive over there cause my mom will ask why and I would rather keep here out of this.
Edit: Din shut up dude, I don't need smart ass answers right now.
Last edited by KnownUnknown at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by CaptDin
Fuck that. The only way out of this is to lie your ass off, dude. Tell him a kimodo dragon attacked you, and you tried to fight it off, but alas, there was no stopping it, and it grabbed your backpack and ran off. You might wanna cut yourself up a little with a razorblade, just to seal the deal.

Actually, it might help soften the blow if you start off with a preposterous, obviously false tale...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)