I'm looking at getting a new amp before long, but I've that some pedals can't be used with some amps depending on weather the they're valve or tube. Is this true, and what can't be used with what?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
every pedal will work with every amp, just some combinations may not sound that great.
That's what I meant. Which combonations don't sound good?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
well there are thousands of amps and thousands of pedals so i can't exactly give you a complete list.
Well, they are bad if they sound bad to you. Some people say active p-up sound like crap with solid state amps, Some say tube pedals sound bad with solid state and vise-versa, all depends on what sound good to you.
Last edited by Sadbutrue62 at Jan 4, 2010,
i personally find that a lot of digital pedals wont sound great through digital amps. i also find that boost pedals (or anything used as a boost) sounds like complete crap though digital amps, and some solid state amps (depends). some amps prefer certain pedals in an effects loop, some sound fine without them. if you use a lot of preamp gain and delay/chorus/modulation, an effects loop may be important to you.

so basicly, it means you have to try things out...