just sold my LP on Harmony Central...and i need to find a box big enough for the gig bag to fit. packing peanuts too, etc.

i've bought 2 guitars off ebay from private sellers and both that came in only cost around $16-20 to ship (that's what the ACTUAL shipping sticker on the box said) from UPS and FedEx...which i hope will be the same as mine.

but they were both peanut packed and stuff, so im wondering how much those will set me back.

I got $225 for the guitar, and it's one im glad to get rid of, but i dont want to pay $100+ to ship it ya know?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
The UPS store or Post Office? I don't believe they charge for those things. In fact, I ordered some free boxes to ship DVDs in, and they sent me the minimum amount, which ended up being 500.
Go to your local guitar store ask if they have boxes... ive gotten a few and they ship great if you put enough styrofoam and newpaper in them
Most guitar stores will give you a box.....if possible ask for a box that an LP (or LP shaped guitar) came in. Bubble wrap can be bought at Walmart.

I recommend FedEx ground as they are generally the fastest and cheapest for large/heavy packages. USPS sux for guitars because you'll get hit with a oversized box surcharge.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to a UPS Store to have them box/pack it for you.....that is unless you enjoy getting raped.
Quote by webwarmiller
Most guitar stores will give you a box.....if possible ask for a box that an LP (or LP shaped guitar) came in. Bubble wrap can be bought at Walmart.

I recommend FedEx ground as they are generally the fastest and cheapest for large/heavy packages. USPS sux for guitars because you'll get hit with a oversized box surcharge.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to a UPS Store to have them box/pack it for you.....that is unless you enjoy getting raped.

I wouldnt go with any specific shipper just because they're cheapest. Dont skimp on shipping, especially with guitars, even if you've packed it yourself. From what I've heard, USPS is the best in terms of numbers of guitars damaged in shipping (as in they have the least)
Make sure you insure it, otherwise if something does happen, the buyer will want their money back and you'll be left with a worthless destroyed guitar.
Also, if you're sending it in a case, bubble wrap it inside the case then bubble wrap the case too, an line the box with foam. The guitar could be on a conveyer belt 20 feet off the ground at the depot for all you know, so dont risk it by skimping on packing.
Last edited by littlephil at Jan 4, 2010,