So i'm thinking about getting a bass just to have to record tracks or play around nothing much. I've found a couple for $150 and i wanted to get a general opinion.

Ibanez Gio - cool shape

And a jay turner bass - i've never heard anything about this brand before (coming from guitars) and apparently it was $500 new so...

I'd like to know your opinion
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
So i'm thinking about getting a bass just to have to record tracks or play around nothing much. I've found a couple for $150 and i wanted to get a general opinion.
Ibanez Gio - cool shape
And a jay turner bass - i've never heard anything about this brang before (coming from guitars) and apparently it was $500 new so...
I'd like to know your opinion

First thing's first:
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
brang

Now that that's out of the way:

I know for a fact the GSR is a good starter bass and I havn't heard of the other brand either and from my experience, an unknown brand making P bass copys is very rarely if ever a good thing.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gu1tar_guy1010

brang

damn i thought i changed it in time, good catch and yeah i think i'm leaning towards the ibanez
Ibanez is going to be a more consistent bet. A few people on the forums have owned Jay Turser basses as starters and can weigh in, but my experience is that they are a bit inconsistent in the build. Some are solid starters and others can be real clunkers. Jazz_Rock_Feel owns one (that ended up being defretted) so hopefully he weigh in with a second opinion here.
Tam, doesn't that mean JTs have bad quality control? I'd go for the Ibanez.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

The only drawback to buying a very low end bass for recording and occasional use is that, like the rest of us, you will almost certainly get hooked and become a lifelong bass addict. Then you will want a better bass. Look at a few that cost a bit more, such as a used MIM Fender. I think it will also make your recordings sound better.
I'd go for Ibanez. That's what I got, and I've played with a Jay Tursor. It's heavy, the tone ain't that versatile, and it ain't that good to start with.

That's my opinion
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I would go for the Ibanez, as I've played the Jay Tursor and I disliked its feel, and I thought it was heavy for a 4 string, , so I would lean towards the good old quality name of Ibanez.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by m4l666
Tam, doesn't that mean JTs have bad quality control? I'd go for the Ibanez.

Yes and that's my main issue with them.
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
well thanks everyone seem like ibanez it is

you wont regret it they are cracking bass's you wont go wrong with it.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.