So im currently running some seymour duncan blackouts into a peavey 6505 212, and the clean channel is usable with the neck pickup, but im really looking to add some depth and decent tone to it, and ive read that a chorus will help quite a bit.. im looking to spend less than 100 which would be great, is it worth spending that little on a pedal of that type? If so, what suggestions do you have? I was looking at the DeltaLab SC1, (http://www.guitarcenter.com/DeltaLab-SC1-Stereo-Chorus-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105017099-i1435925.gc)
it seems PERFECT in my pricerange that way i can pick up some 1spot adapters, if not, what do you guys think i should get to compliment my mediocre clean channel on the 6505?
Last edited by Xinspaly at Jan 4, 2010,
The Small Clone is amazing and not too complicated. The EHX Polychorus, BOSS CE1/CE2, Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus and Delta Labs SC1 are nice too.
That small clone looks right in my range, i will have to test all those out at my next visit to GC, might also be getting a tubescreamer/boost of some sort, if youd all be willing help me out with that perhaps?

I heard just a regular tubescreamer, like the ts808 will had some nice bite and clarity to my lead channel, im really just looking to tighten the tone up as well, keep that nice bottom end, will the 808 do that? or are their cheaper options for a pretty good tone? (not looking for the highest end professional stuff, not gigging for the world afterall)
Quote by Xinspaly
That small clone looks right in my range, i will have to test all those out at my next visit to GC, might also be getting a tubescreamer/boost of some sort, if youd all be willing help me out with that perhaps?

I heard just a regular tubescreamer, like the ts808 will had some nice bite and clarity to my lead channel, im really just looking to tighten the tone up as well, keep that nice bottom end, will the 808 do that? or are their cheaper options for a pretty good tone? (not looking for the highest end professional stuff, not gigging for the world afterall)

If you're just looking for something to tighten up your tone and to be used as a boost, you could probably just get a Bad Monkey. Although it tends to get muddy if you use it for OD.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Dont think im really gonna be using it as an OD, i can coax some decent rock tones if i push the clean channel, especially with a chorus id presume itd sound pretty decent, i kinda wish i could take my 6505 in there and test it :/
Quote by Sadbutrue62
Small Clone is awesome!

Love it.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Xinspaly
Dont think im really gonna be using it as an OD, i can coax some decent rock tones if i push the clean channel, especially with a chorus id presume itd sound pretty decent, i kinda wish i could take my 6505 in there and test it :/

You can, if you plan on buying from Guitar Center you can take whatever you want, as long as it gets those pin heads a sell.

I take my guitar up there all the time to test out pedals...
If you need a booster, the Turbo Tubescreamer is good with the 4 different modes depending on if and how you want to alter your tone. If you just want something to push the tubes a little harder, the EHX LPB-1 is a nifty little pedal, and cheap too, along the lines of an MXR Micro Amp.