Can I connect a 100w amp head to a common loudspeaker? Let's say, the house's stereo system or similar.
If you've got the kind of system in your house that will handle a 100 watt guitar amplifier then i'm pretty sure it could as long as the ohms match, has the correct jacks, all that jazz.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Nope, the impendences are totally wrong as well as the ohms, volts, and hertz. Most likely you'll blow up your home entertainment center, which is why we have things called cabs that are designed to handle our 100 watt tube amps.

impedance IS the same things as ohms, ohms is what you measure impedance/resistance in. you wont have to worry about volts because thats how much power is required to RUN the amp aka plugging it in to a common household jack (which is 120 volts). hertz is what you can measure frequency response in, and if you have a decent set of home stereo speakers it should have a wide enough frequency range that it will cover most if not all of the guitar spectrum. to get this to work right, dont use your speaker out jack, use a line out jack if you have one. if you use the speaker out it will surely destroy your home stereo speakers.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
If you've got the kind of system in your house that will handle a 100 watt guitar amplifier then i'm pretty sure it could as long as the ohms match, has the correct jacks, all that jazz.

Look, it's Shinysides! Say something witty and comical!

Btw, TS, do what the witty and comical one says.

And seriously, it may be wiser to build yourself a cab or.... Buy a cheap one.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Look, it's Shinysides! Say something witty and comical!

Btw, TS, do what the witty and comical one says.

And seriously, it may be wiser to build yourself a cab or.... Buy a cheap one.

you... you got a problem or something?