I recently discovered this site, and was wondering if these guitars were a safe bet, im not stupid or a beginner, so i know that im getting what i pay for, but it just seems to good to be true, when $100 gives u a guitar, any feedback on any of the guitars from this website is greatly appreciated

http://www.rondomusic.com/ (Just for clarification)
The Agiles are AMAZING for the price especially the Agile 3 and 3100's. Haven't played the SX or Douglas yet but they seem good for the price.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
hmm yeah, ive heard good things about the agiles also, it definitely seems like the douglass and sx guitars would be good for the price because they are made by the same company, im just not sure, well i heard they have good customer policy too, i just am a little shaky with the internet
yeah man they're trustworthy. especially the agile. SX and douglas are like their step down versions, but they still over a lot of good features for the money
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
I think the cheaper ones on rondo's website are pretty good, but I wouldnt trust the floyd roses on the sx strats...
ive owned an SX. i do not reccomend them at all. the necks are warped, the pickups are weak, and the overall quality was just bad

EDIT: oh. i didnt know they made more expensive guitars. i had one of the $100 strat copies. cant speak for the more expensive ones
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Jan 5, 2010,
Yeah, I've bought an SX, i've heard crazy good reviews about them, and the only problem with mine is that one fret wire is coming loose from the neck. The neck feels amazing, its just that one spot, so I think i just got a bunk one and was too lazy to replace it. In a couple of days when my paypal money clears I'm going to buy an Agile AL-2000 so i'll be able to tell you about that after it gets here in a few weeks.
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
The Agiles are pretty alright. What I'm most surpised by is the quality of the basses. They're probably MIM Fender quality, actually.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I love my SX strat copy. I feel the need to stick up for her . The neck is amazing. The pickups aren't great stock but that's what you get for the price. Easy to fix. Honistly, I haven't found a MIM strat I like the feel of better. To each there own . I haven't tried the other names yet but the customer service there is good so I wouldn't worry to much about it.
good to hear somebody on the side of SX guitars, thanks!
Schecter Omen 6 Diamond Series
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Standard Strat
Too Many Pedals To List
Line 6 Spider III (I was young and stupid
)
i think the really inexpensive ones are kind of "get what you pay for." you might end up with a decent one, or you might get a lemon. thats the $100 - $150 or so.

the higher end models i think are pretty reliable. either way i think they have a pretty good return policy from what i've heard.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Just ordered a Douglas Shadow Pro - should be here tomorrow. As I understand it, SX and Douglas are made in China (unless otherwise noted) and Agiles are made in Korea. Quality wise, SX < Douglas < Agile.

The big sell on Rondo seems to be the customer service. Kurt has been very helpful and responsive with me personally. The folks over at agileguitarforum.com all say that he routinely replaces guitars for folks if anything is wrong with it when it arrives - YMMV, of course, especially if the person is an a**hole when telling him about the problem.
Inb4 "overrated guitars."

TBH I think they're deserving of all of the praise they get, being of good quality for low prices, and their service is absolutely stellar and they have fast shipping too.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
The lower stuff, as everybody is saying, I have heard so many mixed reviews, but I'm still tempted to buy one of the cool lookin ones once I get some extra money :P...

But the higher stuff, I have heard nothing but praise, and I'm pretty sure you'll be safe if its over... ohh, lets say $250, but don't quote me!

My friend has an Agile 2000 with the Floyd Rose, and it is really great, especially for the price... Believe me, I've played it more than he has :P. I"m guessing, you could get a really nice one, or you could get a crappy one that you could just get set up, I don't know.
I am a Stephenist
Quote by edvhalen5150
good to hear somebody on the side of SX guitars, thanks!

Your sig says you have this:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Standard Strat
Too Many Pedals To List
Line 6 Spider III

Why are you even interested in SX?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
Your sig says you have this:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Standard Strat
Too Many Pedals To List
Line 6 Spider III

Why are you even interested in SX?

As a beater, or just something new. Just because you bought one expensive thing doesn't mean you always spend so much.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
They are awesome, I own three agiles, AL2800, an Intrepid 8 string, and a custom ghost. I also own 1 Douglas Spad and 1 SX GG4, BC Rich mocking bird wanna be.

Basically Agile>SX>Douglas. There is also an Agile message board, with lots of helpful folks.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
I recently bough an Agile AL-2000, it looks nice, feels nice, sounds all right... but the thing doesn't stay in tune for shit. The G string flattens after ONE bend. The nut was pretty poorly cut, and the G, B, and E strings were barely able to stay in the slots, so I filed them down a bit. Not a huge problem. The intonation isn't that great ever after trying to set it right.

So all in all I'm not too happy with it at the moment. It's sitting on it's stand because it's tuning is so unstable it's unplayable. Hopefully some new tuners, and filing the nut better will fix it.
Agiles do not have problems with tuning stability. Did you take the guitar to a qualified luthier to determine the exact problem? Did you bother to contact Kurt and explain your problem? From you description it sounds like a simple fix (new nut, proper stringing), but if there is a more serious issue you need to exchange it. Simple.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
IMO, the necks on the SX strats are fabulous. Good and chunky with jumbo frets. They will almost always require some fret dressing but that is true of any guitar at that price point. I wish they hadn't changed their headstock, however.....
If you buy an SX strat, you should replace pickups and tuners.

edit: and the nut
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.