So UG, I kind of F'ed myself in Highschool. I got good grades, and took honors courses, but it still wasn't good enough to get into the school I wanted to get into. I don't really know how transferring works, so I wanted to ask if I got amazing grades at a not-so-great college, would I be able to transfer to a better school?
Yeah, college basically replaces high school.
Some colleges even have transfer modules, where if you pass certain courses you get a transfer degree that gets you into another college where they don't even count grades.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Probably. Be forewarned, though, most major scholarships are reserved for freshmen, so that might limit your options even if you can get accepted (I had planned to do this too, but it didn't work out because of that).

OT EDIT: Maybe "most" major scholarships isn't exactly accurate, that was just my experience.

UNRELATED EDIT: *looks at TS's location* I'm in Charleston.
Last edited by TheBadPlace at Jan 5, 2010,
Yes. In fact, that's half the point of community colleges.

The other being that it's cheaper and will give you an associate's that will in turn make it cheaper to go to a four-year school for two more years to get a bachelor's.
Yeah, there's a good chance depending on what type of school you're interested in attending. If it's a state school there's a very good chance that you'll be able to transfer everything easily.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Yeah, transferring colleges isn't terribly hard.

But what are you going for? Is it something that you need to be at a well known college to get a job for?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by captainjackass
So UG, I kind of F'ed myself in Highschool. I got good grades, and took honors courses, but it still wasn't good enough to get into the school I wanted to get into. I don't really know how transferring works, so I wanted to ask if I got amazing grades at a not-so-great college, would I be able to transfer to a better school?

where are you now? USC?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
where are you now? USC?

No, Just got accepted into KU, and wanted to go to a better school eventually. I'm not worried about money, the GI bill takes care of that