When I turn my VT30 on now, it just makes a loud crackling noise that doesn't change even if I turn the volume/master volume/attentuator. Happened a few hours ago at a friends house after driving there. One thing about it, though, is that it isn't there sometimes, but it just comes back after playing with distortion. My friend and I think a components loose- anything I can do about this? And will Guitar Center exchange it for a new one if I don't have a reciept even if it's been less than 30 days?
You must have a receipt, or hope to God they have it on record and are lenient about it. You can take it to a tech if you want to fix it up.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Any local GC or music shop should have a guitar tech, just gotta call ahead of time to make sure they're in whenever time you go.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Sadbutrue62
Does it have a built in noise gate, if it does, turn that up, maybe the crackling is from the lack of delay of the noise gate

It does, but this isn't a little hum or anything, it's a freaking roar. Plus, the setting I had it on was with the noise gate all the way up.
Vox,right?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Can you hear it on any of the other settings?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Yes, everything. Doesn't matter what amp model I'm on, volume/attentuator settings, whether I'm on presets, manual, or user settings- it's always there and loud as hell. Even tried a factory reset- nothing.

If I give it a Fonzie hit it goes away, but it returns after a while (probably due to the speaker's vibrations).