Okay... I'm planning to play one of these two, and I've played it pretty well, but the only part I'm really stuck with are the major sweeping parts, I can play them but almost up to speed. So... which sweeps are harder? Canon Rock (where it sounds like he made a come back) or I'm Alright (the only sweeps in the whole song) canon rock is like 3 string sweeps while I'm alright I think 5 or 6 string sweeps. Which one is easier on the sweeps?

Edit: yah yah yah, I know they are over-used but I still love to play them!
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Jan 5, 2010,
Neither.

Sweeps are sweeps, once you've got the fundamental technique down you shouldn't have much of a problem with any of them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
for master 3 string sweeps listen to under the influence by rusty cooley... that guy plays some twisted arpeggio's for a minute or something
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Okay... I'm planning to play one of these two, and I've played it pretty well, but the only part I'm really stuck with are the major sweeping parts, I can play them but almost up to speed. So... which sweeps are harder? Canon Rock (where it sounds like he made a come back) or I'm Alright (the only sweeps in the whole song) canon rock is like 3 string sweeps while I'm alright I think 5 or 6 string sweeps. Which one is easier on the sweeps?

Edit: yah yah yah, I know they are over-used but I still love to play them!

The one you find easier.
Quote by Zappo
for master 3 string sweeps listen to under the influence by rusty cooley... that guy plays some twisted arpeggio's for a minute or something

Only they're not really "twisted" arpeggios, they're just fast. In terms of complicated sweeping it's really not there at all, Rusty tends to use mainly pretty simple sweeps.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by KoenDercksen
But at lightspeed

Doesn't make them complicated, just makes it difficult to play for most people.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by KoenDercksen
But at lightspeed

No lightspeed is too slow. We're going to have to go right to ridiculous speed.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
LOL okay thanks guys... I'll keep working towards both and see which one I find easier at the end of the month!
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
No lightspeed is too slow. We're going to have to go right to ludicrous speed.

Fixed.