Sooooo,
I took a trip to Guitar Center, and I found some new gear that I would like to buy. The total for it was about $2000. So I asked my dad if he would be willing to give me about 10% of the money. He said since I am getting older (I am 14), I should start working for money. I thought it was fair, but you have to be 16 to have a job in California. So I don't know I want to spend the time to get a workers permit, or if I just want to save birthday and Christmas money. But I really want to get this new gear, so I don't know what to do.
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

TL;DR: U.G DOESN'T think.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Think harder.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Does a 14 yr old need 2000 $ of gear? I'm 16 and only have a line 6 spider and a squire strat thats like 350$.
I read the thread as: What do you think of UG?

I use the money I get from high school that im supposed to buy school equipment for.
...What!?
Make a botox stand, thats the way i make money here in LA.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
***** yourself out to pedophiles...They'll pay you big $$$ to touch you down there.

Seriously. If only I'd done the same at your age...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Ergin
I read the thread as: What do you think of UG?

I use the money I get from high school that im supposed to buy school equipment for.

i did the same thing. i had to re-read it like 3 times before i actually got it
Nope.com

You can get a job in CA at 14. Not many employers are looking to hire 14 year olds though.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Erik_Aero
Maybe get something 10% cheaper?

EDIT: What are you getting?

A Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul, and a new Marshall.
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Quote by LesPaulJR361
Sooooo,
I took a trip to Guitar Center, and I found some new gear that I would like to buy. The total for it was about $2000. So I asked my dad if he would be willing to give me about 10% of the money. He said since I am getting older (I am 14), I should start working for money. I thought it was fair, but you have to be 16 to have a job in California. So I don't know I want to spend the time to get a workers permit, or if I just want to save birthday and Christmas money. But I really want to get this new gear, so I don't know what to do.

refereeing or umpiring jobs usually don't care what age you are. As long as you can learn how to call a game well, you can do the job, and it pays decent money if you work enough games
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by LesPaulJR361

A new Marshall? Get those ones called Mgee or something, I've heard they're pretty brutal!
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Shredoftheday
TL;DR: U.G DOESN'T think.

True that. I'll give you five bucks though if you send me a picture of your ****.
Quote by prsrulz91
refereeing or umpiring jobs usually don't care what age you are. As long as you can learn how to call a game well, you can do the job, and it pays decent money if you work enough games

In my experience, you don't even have to learn to call the game that well

..but really..sell gear,and find an ok paying community job. At 14 it doesn't seem like 2g worth of gear is needed, but if it is, it should be worth working for
Quote by LesPaulJR361

That guitar is $1400-$1800.
Quote by lmihay
True that. I'll give you five bucks though if you send me a picture of your ****.

What the fuck?
*reports*
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Shredoftheday
What the fuck?
*reports*

It was a joke or was it. Why would you report that? Anyway I think the lawn care thing is this kids best option, besides sending naked pictures to random men on the internet.
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Does a 14 yr old need 2000 $ of gear? I'm 16 and only have a line 6 spider and a squire strat thats like 350$.

hah.... me too... dude, craiglist.... just craigslist...

or, if you are too good for used equipment, then:

invest in baking soda, cocaine, and running water..

cook crack

sell it..

Quote by StankMcGarnagle

why not, i'm 18 and i have $30,000 worth of gear. start collecting early and you'll actually have good gear by the time you get in a serious band.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by lmihay
It was a joke or was it. Why would you report that? Anyway I think the lawn care thing is this kids best option, besides sending naked pictures to random men on the internet.

Ah, my bad I though it was directed at me, not TS, so it seemed like random/spamdom.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Shredoftheday
Ah, my bad I though it was directed at me, not TS, so it seemed like random/spamdom.

It's all good, it was sort of spam though. You are welcome as well to send me a picture of your mangina.