Gibson LP Custom Neck PU into Vox AC30. Amazing warm cleans, nice trebly boost. I really couldn't dig the fender clean sound, much too bright for me, so this is a much better fit.

What guitar/amp combos are you guys vibing lately?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
My Ibanez GRX20 with a Valveking 212. The sound is more impressive than one might think. The only thing that is not stock are the strings on the guitar. I've just adjusted the amp and guitar in such a way that an amazing tone is achieved. My only complaint is that the pickups are just a little bit muddy.
My grailtone is a PRS ce22 (preferrably Blue Matteo finish) into a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace. Great tones for ANY genre of music, from Jazz to Metal

(^ the end of the world)
the same. gibson into AC30. specifically a les paul standard and EDS-1275 into ac30h2l. my dream guitars and my dream amp. I am a happy camper.
the burst and top on that guitar look almost like a gibson historic reissue rather than a standard. great looking guitar...
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by al112987
the burst and top on that guitar look almost like a gibson historic reissue rather than a standard. great looking guitar...

+1

My burst looks nothing like that. There were a few better looking ones when I got it but it played so much better. You're a lucky bastard for getting a good one that looks sexy too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hey mine kinda looks that that....

nice guitar ltshiny
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
my grail setup atm would be a customshop fender strat (and tele) into a Hardwire CM-2 overdrive into a fender deluxe
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Running my strat into my Vibroverb. To me, it's what guitar tone is all about. Beautiful bright cleans with a little bit of breakup depending on your attack. A Tube Screamer puts it into eargasm territory.

I did just buy a Epi Les Paul Standard though (pics coming). It's at the shop getting a Pearly Gates put in the Neck and a '59 in the Bridge. The stock pups sounded pretty damn good through my Twin and the Bad Monkey, so I'm really excited to get it back.
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Well, I should be getting my new speakers for my Marshall 1960A from Warehouse Guitar Speakers today (bought a Veteran 30/ET-65 combo to put in an X pattern, expect a NGD post later ). These should sound FAR better than those G12T-75's that came in it, which I sold, and really make my Mesa F-50 shine

Other than that, I've really been digging DiMarzio pickups, and am thinking about throwing a set into my Explorer, which would make all my electrics have DiMarzio's in them, lol. As long as that new speaker combo kicks ass in my cab, I'm pretty satisfied tone-wise w/my F-50, and plan to stick with it until I can drop funds on a truly high end amp.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Vox AC30 + Danelectro Baritone.

Oh. My. God. Most amazing clean sound I've ever heard.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
I'm currently loving the sound of the fender blues junior, although i don't have one. Particularly with my les paul - the cleans are clear and full-bodied, essentially the perfect full-range clean tone for me, and the overdrive is smooth and rich in harmonics. Tonal perfection. I'm thinking of getting myself a blues junior for when i go to university. It's small, practical, loud enough for gigs, and sounds excellent, something not many amplifiers can give.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I seriously think I found my grailtone with my Epiphone into my TS9 into my JCM 800. I mean, it could still use some tweaking, but overall, it's nearly perfect.
My ENGL Fireball with Koch TS212 cab and Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7. I play mainly death metal. This setup sounds like a ****ing monster at half volume in our practise space, not to speak about gigging it really.
A Les paul, sh*t load of small combo amps, one massive switching device and my Dynacomp. Supros, Champs, LP jrs, Whites, Alamos, etc. love them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
G&L ASAT Classic into my Maz 38 is ungodly. With the help of my weber mini mass i can crank the master and the volume to get the perfect tone for myself
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
American fender strat w/ kinmans going into a silverface original bassman. original ts in front only. Nearly came tbh lol.
dean razorback with EMG81/85 and a PA-2 booster, through a morley bad horsie 2 and digitech death metal distortion, into a peavey valveking 112. on the 85 in the neck and the booster on, when i chug it sounds like bombs going off, and i can get deep warm cleans as well. love it.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by Bright Light
G&L ASAT Classic into my Maz 38 is ungodly. With the help of my weber mini mass i can crank the master and the volume to get the perfect tone for myself

How are those Dr Z's? I've never been able to try one and i cant really tell what theyre meant for exactly from clips.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
My Gibson Les Paul Studio into my new Peavey XXX. Fantastic
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by dcdossett65
How are those Dr Z's? I've never been able to try one and i cant really tell what theyre meant for exactly from clips.

They're godly amps. I got to play a MAZ 30, no reverb. I don't know how to decribe it, but it's just so full sounding, big and round.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by dcdossett65

It depends, really. There are different models with different applications. My Maz 38 for example is the epitome of an all around country amp. The cleans are thick, articulate, and can get very sparkly with the use of the Cut knob. The overdrive can go from punchy to creamy to dark to bright and all while still being extremely articulate. It makes for a great lead sound without needing a pedal to boost it.

On the other hand there's the Galaxie, which is geared towards more modern gain sounds and that thing rips like none other.

Dr. Z doesnt really make metal amps, but rather a wide range of modern and vintage rock/country/blues kinds of amps, but of a much higher pedigree than the major amp brands in my opinion. The build and reliablity is notoriously immaculate. I have nothing bad to say about any of their amps, which is unnusual because I'm rarely completely happy with any tone that I try to find.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by dcdossett65

the dr.z's are 7 different kinds of awesome. a Maz 18 Jr. almost stole me away from my vox AC30. There tone is HUGE even though they're generally small, low wattage amps. It's tone is basically a mix between a fender vibrolux and a Vox AC15. its a very big, throaty sound.
Quote by kumamilesbear
My Gibson Les Paul Studio into my new Peavey XXX. Fantastic

Nice to see that's working out for you.

My grail tone: Schecter C-1 classic with Bareknuckle Nailbombs into Bugera 6262 full stack
My current tone: Schecter Gryphon with Duncan Designed HB-103's (soon to be upgraded to Iron Gear steam hammer bridge/rolling mill neck) into Bugera 6262 combo.

SO CLOSE...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Grail tone doesn't exist for me. Though I prefer a 2 amp setup, one on EL34s or 84s and one on 5881s/KT66s/7027s/6V6s, cathode biased. Guitar is negligible.