My ipod is going through a major reconstruction , I usually listen to death/heavy metal, hardcore and so forth, but i really want to, expand my musical horizons.
Im looking for like, woodwind (Cello, violinists) Orchestra's which are heavy on that, but the actual musicians but soul into there music, If you know what i mean haha.
Or just, solo artists with woodwind
Regards.
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Schecter Damien special. ♥
Pod X3 Live. ♥
^^^, One winning combination.
Stop listening to hardcore.

listen to Buckethead.

problem solved.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Cellos and violins are not woodwinds

But rather than be an unhelpful douche like I usually am I think I'll give you some links. I hope something in here is what you're looking for TS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAw-I5TFXQM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLtJmOHRJIQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpA8Q_icyI
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 5, 2010,
Its fair obvious i don't listen to classical music then :P isn't it.
I listen to buckethead. But, i've listened to a bit too much of the fellow lately :\
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Schecter Damien special. ♥
Pod X3 Live. ♥
^^^, One winning combination.
listen to the mahavishnu orchestra. its got some stings and what not for you and john mclaughlin is a god on guitar. i highly recommend them.
Quote by fellowguitarist
Its fair obvious i don't listen to classical music then :P isn't it.

You could say thtat again.

What part of you though that cello and violin were woodwind. I bet you stopped reading at the 'wood' bit and forgot about the 'wind.'
Quote by Butt Rayge
What part of you though that cello and violin were woodwind. I bet you stopped reading at the 'wood' bit and forgot about the 'wind.'
Perhaps he was envisioning wind passing over the wooden instruments of a string quartet as they played in a moonlit forest.
Jason Mraz! Because. I read something about soul in your OP, and this guy really puts himself into his music, and is a great songwriter.

EDIT: After reading the OP again, I see my post is not much of a help. It remains here as a shrine to my stupidity

EDIT EDIT: Jazz metal - Atheist? Strings...hmm...well it sure isn't hardcore, but OneRepublic has a cello player...ahaha.. Usually I could give example after example but I am so tired right now Sorreh
Last edited by Rock_Rebel at Jan 5, 2010,
Woodwinds! Lol!
Quote by Rock_Rebel
Jason Mraz! Because. I read something about soul in your OP, and this guy really puts himself into his music, and is a great songwriter.

EDIT: After reading the OP again, I see my post is not much of a help. It remains here as a shrine to my stupidity

EDIT EDIT: Jazz metal - Atheist? Strings...hmm...well it sure isn't hardcore, but OneRepublic has a cello player...ahaha.. Usually I could give example after example but I am so tired right now Sorreh

Quote by Rock_Rebel
I just had a new idea! Earth's album Pentastar: In The Style Of Demons has some strings and stuff on it

STFU and GTFO.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by fellowguitarist
My ipod is going through a major reconstruction , I usually listen to death/heavy metal, hardcore and so forth, but i really want to, expand my musical horizons.
Im looking for like, woodwind (Cello, violinists) Orchestra's which are heavy on that, but the actual musicians but soul into there music, If you know what i mean haha.
Or just, solo artists with woodwind
Regards.

Arkhon Infaustus and Impiety.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Post-Rock. If you're wanting to expand from Metal and Hardcore, it's practically the opposite. I used to listen to metal and hardcore, a lot. Post Rock is usually instrumental and all the emotions are perceived through the instruments. Explosions In The Sky and Mono are great examples. You cant expand much more than going to opposite extremes.
Call me Matthew.