Well at the moment i have a original cry baby, orange tiny terror and a maton ms2000 standard.

The tiny terror was the best and most affordable option at the time and only valve amp i could afford out of the shops i visited. It's a 15w combo amp with only a volume, tone and gain knobs on it for those who don't know. It's great for bands like led zeppelin, kyuss, QotSA, Foo Fighters etc. Stuff with not too much gain.

But thats the problem, i want to start playing heavier riffs like stuff from motorhead and metallica to name a couple.

Honestly, what's the best way i could do this? I know buying a new amp completely would solve the problem, something like a valveking maybe? But thats not too practical seeing as the amp is relatively new. Or i could buy a distortion pedal, the Hardwire Valve Distortion is a great pedal.

What are your opinions, cheers

P.S At the moment i have $425 AUD
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Last edited by oatley at Jan 5, 2010,
Buy a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone modified by Robert Keeley. They're $150 and they sound damn close to a tube amp. Best money I ever spent.
My 2cents.

I'd buy a distortion pedal. I couldn't get much gain out of my Roland Cube 20X, so I bought myself a MetalMuff from EH, and right now I can get the metallica-kinda chunky sound and more.

Or maybe you could just try to crank up your bass and treble, and put the mid at around 3/10, and see what you get.
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time"
Quote by Broodjekaas91
My 2cents.

I'd buy a distortion pedal. I couldn't get much gain out of my Roland Cube 20X, so I bought myself a MetalMuff from EH, and right now I can get the metallica-kinda chunky sound and more.

Or maybe you could just try to crank up your bass and treble, and put the mid at around 3/10, and see what you get.

HAHA yeh mate, i would if i could, but all thats there is a vol, tone and dist knobs :p

But yeh, i looked into the metal muff, looks great but the trouble is noone around here stocks much EHX. Pretty much all i've seen is the big muff (GREAT pedal) and the holy grail. Ill keep my eyes peeled
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
First you need a decent EQ pedal. So you can actually adjust your tone past turning the "tone" knob.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I'd say go for a distortion and possible over-drive combo. The Big Muffs are pretty good- don't really care for the boss distortion though I heard the metal ones aren't bad. A TS9 is always pretty nifty too- you can put that with an overdirve and really get some good heavy crunch.