The only thing I could think of would be to simply use a Guitarpro or Powertab file and just read the notation off that, I know on GP you can choose to not display the tabs if that helps.

Standard notation for guitar has become somewhat of a dying thing it seems, with the painfully simple tab taking over. Though I totally understand the value in it.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by urf_
The only thing I could think of would be to simply use a Guitarpro or Powertab file and just read the notation off that, I know on GP you can choose to not display the tabs if that helps.

Standard notation for guitar has become somewhat of a dying thing it seems, with the painfully simple tab taking over. Though I totally understand the value in it.

yes
but to read standard notation, helps you learn the neck and get the feel of the neck better.
Quote by urf_

Depends, for Classical and Jazz this is definitly not the case.

www.musictheory.net has some lessons to help with learning notation.
I understand the value of standard notation, it helps a LOT in understanding the musical theory behind the song. I was just saying that it's hard to come by cause most people are too lazy to learn it these days.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
If you're looking for lots of material to practice sight reading with, I found Bopland really useful. It's all jazzy, but it has loads of short passages to attempt, and also lets you hear how they should sound. The only disadvantage is because it's aimed at jazz, you find a huge number of accidentals, and no practice with key signatures. But try it if you need practice reading material.
Quote by Sam_Vimes
If you're looking for lots of material to practice sight reading with, I found Bopland really useful. It's all jazzy, but it has loads of short passages to attempt, and also lets you hear how they should sound. The only disadvantage is because it's aimed at jazz, you find a huge number of accidentals, and no practice with key signatures. But try it if you need practice reading material.

do u have adress?
i need address where i can find standard notation reading material :P
Quote by Ibarshall_X
do u have adress?
i need address where i can find standard notation reading material :P
Bopland
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
guitar pro, is an awesome program, great value for money.but for sight reading it is quite limited.i suggest you go to your library and borrow some piano books or books for any instrument and then get some blank manuscript and wirte down out of the books ideas.
it may seem like hard work, but i believe that there is no such thing as a free lunch if you put the energy it takes to trawl through the internet to find the "free" but still authentic answer. you may be wiser to search for it in a manuscript (music book) any song book will do.
Quote by Ibarshall_X
Where can i find standard notation reading material for guitar?
im all out :O

Get yourself a good ol' fashion method book and work your way through it from start to finish.
shred is gaudy music
I'd pick up a Real Book. Tons of good standards, all in standard notation.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
I'd pick up a Real Book. Tons of good standards, all in standard notation.

Yeah, if you are already a good reader, this could be an option for becoming more advanced. lot's of tough rhythms & key sigs in jazz standards though..... definitely not for 1st timers.
shred is gaudy music