I know that this is probably in the wrong thead. Though there wasn't really a specific 'help' thread that i could see.

Anyways, a problem I'm running into with some tablature that I got for Christmas.

In the song (Specifically, Deththeme, from the Dethklok album) there is a 3.2 on the tab. It reoccurs for the first three measures of the song. If anyone could tell me what exactly that is and what technique it involves that'd be great thanks.
Probably a natural harmonic that you need to fret 0.2 of the distance between the 3rd and 4th frets, so just after the 3rd fret basically.

I don't know the song, so can't be 100% sure.

oh, Tab Talk may be the better forum in future.
Last edited by Myshadow46_2 at Jan 5, 2010,
^ Yeah that's it. Just play a natural harmonic right around the 3rd fret.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by p8ntballsniper8
I know that this is probably in the wrong thead. Though there wasn't really a specific 'help' thread that i could see.

Anyways, a problem I'm running into with some tablature that I got for Christmas.

In the song (Specifically, Deththeme, from the Dethklok album) there is a 3.2 on the tab. It reoccurs for the first three measures of the song. If anyone could tell me what exactly that is and what technique it involves that'd be great thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxSembuRxpY
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.