How can you get your favourite licks into your playing?
And i dont mean only the best 10, i mean how can i remember all the licks i like ( could be over 50)
is it enough if i would just play em over when warming up?

Thanks
Yes. Put simply :P

Like my hand instantly goes to the C chord instintivly now.

And when i go into D, it instantly goes to D-12 for muse - stockholm syndrome :P

Learning you placements wont be the problem, its the timing and tune that will annoy you most

So basically, just play them over and over and you'll be fine
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
Yes. Put simply :P

Like my hand instantly goes to the C chord instintivly now.

And when i go into D, it instantly goes to D-12 for muse - stockholm syndrome :P

Learning you placements wont be the problem, its the timing and tune that will annoy you most

So basically, just play them over and over and you'll be fine

ok thanks <3

ye some licks are becoming annoying
I always play the same ones and its like
so thank you
Well, When I pratice some pentatonic licks by exemple, even if I don't play the exact same licks when improvising, my finger will play something similar, because that's wht I'm teaching them.

This mean that if I start to work more on some dimished arpeggios (?) licks for exemple, I will see them more into my improvising, because my fingers know them well and will go with the motion I've teach them.

So to put the lick you like into your playin, just pratice them slowly like you would for anythin else. For me it's 50 repetition per licks when I have the time, but do like you feel it. After a while you'll see that you don't need to remember them, your finger will play them without thinking about it.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by bender424
Well, When I pratice some pentatonic licks by exemple, even if I don't play the exact same licks when improvising, my finger will play something similar, because that's wht I'm teaching them.

This mean that if I start to work more on some dimished arpeggios (?) licks for exemple, I will see them more into my improvising, because my fingers know them well and will go with the motion I've teach them.

So to put the lick you like into your playin, just pratice them slowly like you would for anythin else. For me it's 50 repetition per licks when I have the time, but do like you feel it. After a while you'll see that you don't need to remember them, your finger will play them without thinking about it.

so every time i warm up..ill go over all the licks slowly
cool man, thanks
Quote by bender424

Yeh if i've been playing one solo over and over trying to get it, such as i did with muse - eternally missed, that kinda 5-7-5-7 (different strings i cba putting the tab here:P) I now cant stop playing that kinda rhythemy blues on guitar sub consciencely
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
for me...i move the licks on all sets of strings...in as many keys as possible...play them in the circle of fifths ..in thirds etc...this usually leads me to discover ways to expand the lick or run....and discover new fingerings for the lick..also..change the rhythm of the lick and playing it backward opens new ways to expand your solos and keep them fresh sounding... in time this will produce more confidence in doing solos and you wont have to rely so much on licks as a "home base" to begin or end solos..

play well

wolf