Hey all,

Just have a quick question regarding a new tube amp I am purchasing for my band. I currently have a Laney VH100R half-stack, but it's not what I'm after in terms of performance and sound... I do run it with a TS9 and it is good, but I'm after something different.

I'm getting my tax return back in the next few days and I have been absolutely set on a Peavey 6505 head. I previously owned one, and the gain on the amp was amazing.

Here's the problem... I look on ebay the other day. What do I see? A Madison Divinity III and a Framus Cobra both going for great prices. I'm torn between which amp to buy, and seeing as I won't be able to try out the Framus or Madison, I'm in need of advice/personal experience.

Price Wise, including postage, they are all between $1,500 and approx $2,200. The 6505 is new and the others 2nd hand.

I play in a death/black/tech band and we are influenced by behemoth, nile, necrophagist, anaal nathrak etc, so the gain has to be really tight/focused but as crushing as possible. My other guitarist runs an Engl fireball if that has any impact on the amp I should buy, I don't know but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I'm in the market for a new cab. Owned an oversized V30 cab with my last 6505 and it slayed, so was hoping to go down that road again. But $2K+ AUD isn't really what I have right now.

My options are something like a framus V30 dragon, Randall 412CV etc. Someone suggested a 1960TV with greenbacks, and I also came across a 1960A lead cab for $700, as new, but I'm concerned about what the GT12-75's will sound like. Don't want muddy or blurred sound. Has to be really clear and keep the amp's brutal gain. It's only used for death metal so cleans aren't really important.

Sorry about the huge question, but two days ago, none of this was an issue, so I'm against the clock now Thanks everyone!

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
I heard Madison amps were unreliable. I would go with the Framus Cobra...really good for high gain stuff. Killswitch Engage are well-known users of that amp. For the cab, why not keep your Laney 4x12 cab?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Thanks mate,

Boy was that fast Well the Laney cab is an old model, whcih has HH premier 60's in it. They're alright, but not exactly what I'm after. Plus, they're getting on in age now and you can hear it...

In Australia, not many people have heard of Madison. If I wasn't such a big YYRKOON fan, I doubt I'd know them either. The framus is going to be probably another $500AUD over the price of a 6505, so It's a hard choice seeing that I won't be able to hear it first...

Thanks mate,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9