Seems pretty elaborate, but yo're probably going to want to start laying down a base of the lightest colours then working your way dark. Maybe using some type of sponge or something to get the texture?
the scales are done with a mesh like stencil.....im not sure where you can get one tho............then u just work on the colors with the right paints.
thats an intense finish! im repainting a jackson dinky myself... very tempting to try...
Get real snake skin! Duh!

Surprisingly washburn did a guitar that did actually have real snake skin on the top!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by archerygenious
Get real snake skin! Duh!

Surprisingly washburn did a guitar that did actually have real snake skin on the top!

this

find one, kill it, take the pickups and bridge and knobs off your guitar, stretch the skin over the body, cut small holes for the pickups to fit right, and rewire everything.

/snake skin mod.

jk, sounds possible though, lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i work at a petstore... we dont have any bigger snakes anymore... this coulda been possible with their shed skin.... i should have thought of it years ago when we had the big boys...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Sounds infinately badass too.
Like crocodile Dundee's guitar.

I could just see it working too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i think parker had a guitar with a snakeskin top too. the stencil for snake skin could be a great option, though.

EDIT:
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I'm able to get alot of shed snakeskin,from all kind of snakes but would this serve as a base layer glued onto the guitar,where you paint on?
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Fishnet stockings...

Seriously.

Yup, was about to say that. Fishnet stockings Thats the way a lot fo companies did it back in the day, not sure how its done now but that would be the easiest way to get the snakeskin pattern on
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst