It's my birthday in 2 days and I have a £70 for a new guitar amp and need suggestions.

I play blues, blues rock, rock and some metal.
The amp must have built in effects to aid my lack of pedals
Must sound good! (bit hard to ask at a budget)

I was considering a spider or an mg but I know what you guys say and wan't to get the right thing for my birthday.

I have to order within 2 hours because my dad is leaving soon so help! Thanks

EDIT: Say if i was to up my budget to £120 using my money I got for christmas too, is there anything worth having for that price?
Last edited by 05t16 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Save up. Seriously. Don't take any other advice.

At least suggest why I shouldn't take any other advice.
well if I was to save up, does that mean there's not a single decent amp in the world around £70? I only need it for my bedroom.

If you still think I should save up are there any multi effects pedals you could reccomend?
dude you're not gonna find anything decent with a budget like that
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by michal23
Save up, or get a Cube. But save up.

This. You should save up, but if you really want to get something, go for a Roland Cube, my school got one a year or so ago, & I was quite amazed to find it actually sounded good
vox vt15 if u can.

otherwise vox da20 , da5 or roland microcube
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
If you really have to get something, i'l agree with the cube, played through one a few times, and it was pretty good
ok say if i was to up my budget to £120 using my money I got for christmas too, is there anything worth having for that price?
id save up man. you're only going to end up with a crock of shit for £120
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

First of all... Is this your first amp? If it is, then I was too harsh on my first post. In this case you just have to wait for another user because I don't have experience with amps in that price range. I do know that to my ears the spider sounds bad, worse than anything else I ever heard, so I guess the MG must be better than it.
If you do have an amp already, then take my first post as advice because a 70 pound amp isn't an upgrade, no matter how bad the amp you might have is.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
First of all... Is this your first amp? If it is, then I was too harsh on my first post. In this case you just have to wait for another user because I don't have experience with amps in that price range. I do know that to my ears the spider sounds bad, worse than anything else I ever heard, so I guess the MG must be better than it.
If you do have an amp already, then take my first post as advice because a 70 pound amp isn't an upgrade, no matter how bad the amp you might have is.

My second amp, really. Only need it for a bedroom practice amp, what price am I looking at for a decent one with good fx?
if you really need a new amp go with the vox vt15 (I have the ad15vt, older model, I love it)
spiders and mgs suck imo (and most others aswell aha)
or prehaps a vypyr?
I prefer the vox, great lil practice amp, will do you untill you can save up for much better and expencive amp
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
since you're only using it for your bedroom...why don't you buy a multi fx pedal? I'm not sure what you're budget converts to in USD...but you can probably find a decent multi-fx pedal that will sound better than any amp in that price range.
Quote by eyebanez333
since you're only using it for your bedroom...why don't you buy a multi fx pedal? I'm not sure what you're budget converts to in USD...but you can probably find a decent multi-fx pedal that will sound better than any amp in that price range.

this man talks sense!!! Good idea eyebanez333 (why didn't I think of that???)
why do you need an amp with built in effects? alot of amps in my experience with built in effects sound crap, you are better to get a good amp then buy effects later either multi effects or stompboxes, iirc you can get a pocket pod for aroud £70 which you can plug in headphones or to speakers and play through that which is a good option at home or get the Harley Benton GA5 with overdrive pedal cause you probably wont be able to crank it up, iv seen the internals of the harley benton and its identicle to the epi valve junior even made in the same factory i think.
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
dude, i can tell the situation you're in, i've been there. and what you're getting ready to do (buy whatever you can afford with a really low budget) is going to hurt you. you'll get the amp, it'll be better than your starter amp, but barely....in less than a year you'll want another amp. it's in your best interest to keep saving. you really won't get anything great with that budget. you're best bet is to just KEEP SAVING. looks like you're getting ready to be 16, happy early birthday. but that also means you should be able to attain a job soon enough, whether you have a car or not. and that means saving money. i'm sure if you explain to your parents you really need a substantially better amp, hence why you're wanting a job, then i'm sure yall could work something out if you don't have your own transportation.

all parents will break at some point, even if they start off practically saying, 'hell no, never.'

you're being way too impatient....be patient on this one....but what do i know...i've only been there. lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i just seen another thread on here about a bugera 1960 or something and remembered about one on these amps the bugera v5 if you can stretch just a tiny bit more over £120, i played one of my mates ones and it was pretty good it has built in reverb, attenuator also has a gain control and had a headphone and speaker out, the reverb was quite a shock when seen it but it works really well, the attenuator will let you lower the wattage so you can crank it though there is a gain control if needed.
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
I'll sell you a Roland cube 30 if you're in the UK? Plenty of effects, and with all the different models it's perfect for your styles.
For £50 you can get an Orange Crush10 or a Vox Pathfinder10, both of which are fairly decent practice amps
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...