I want to learn more songs, because the only one I can play all the way through is Master of Puppets.. Except I sort of get bored of learning, then I just play scales, and try to sling a few chords together and use some scales to lead over it..

What I'm trying to say is I need to start learning more songs, instead of ****ing around with scales which gets lame..

What can I learn thats interesting and around the level of MoP? I'm not bothered what it is.. If its metal or rock then yeah, I haven't learnt a blues song or anything like that yet so what shall I learn?

If you leave it up to me, I'll keep switching songs halfway through lol..
Something from the new Megadeth album. Maybe '44 Minutes' or 'Endgame'
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Who says you need to learn an entire song anyways?

If you just build a repitoire of different riffs, licks and solos... well it's much less boring to dick around with than scales...
How about more metallica, you can't go wrong with that. And i agree with Concat, who said you have to learn the whole song? There are many riffs combined to make the whole song....so you can just learn a few at a time and peice it all together when the time is right.
Disposable Heroes, another good song on the Master of Puppets album.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
You should try The Trooper, 4-5 riffs repeat throughout the song.
Quote by BoL7z
seek and destroy is epic fun song imo.

What about the solo though? It seems a little.. fast?
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jan 5, 2010,
Dude do what I did and order one of those Guitar White Pages tab books. I got the 3rd volume used off of Amazon for like $13. It has 150 songs in it from varying styles. I mean some stuff just sucks but some stuff rocks. The one I have has the Metallica version of "Turn The Page". I get in different moods and learn riffs from just varying songs some nights. This is just a recommendation of course but it is fun and keeps me going. I aslo have a subscription to Guitar World and buy other guitar mags at different times. Sometimes they have good lessons on the discs include and sometimes good tabs in the magazine. I get to look forward to that every month for something new to do even if it is not the greatest. I find it easier to print tabs out or use a book than stare at the computer screen to play but I still use this site's tabs at various times. Good luck!
Quote by Lollage123
What about the solo though? It seems a little.. fast?

Just play up to the solo, the song is pretty much the same after the solo anyway
Get the Death Magnetic Tab book. Those songs are so fun to play. Suicide and Redemption is a great one to learn, and keeps things interesting.

If you can't do the solos, don't worry. Just take the rhythm part.
I went through a long period like you where i got bored learning anything, and just messed around.

But i think the best thing to spark your passion for playing it to join a band, or start jamming with friends regularly. Gives you that reason to play, other than because your bored and it's just what you normally do.
+1 to Megadeth. Anything off either their new cd or the last one they put out, forgot the name despite I own it. Uh, other than that, I'd go for some Children Of Bodom, they've got some stuff that might give you a run for your money whilst keeping you interested. I'd recommend either learning Blooddrunk (even though it was mastered horribly) or Trashed,Lost&Strungout.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.