I have saved up $500 now for a half stack, right now im thinking the b 52 ls100 will have the most bang for the buck, if u guys know of another great deal please tell me MKAYY.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 5, 2010,
save a little more and buy Bugera if you MUST have a cheap tube half stack, but its really not necessary to have one even if gigging. just mic the combo.
dont buy a cheap SS half stack. you'll regret it shortly after. they arent good and arent worth the money
Last edited by User_Name336 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by User_Name336
save a little more and buy Bugera if you MUST have a cheap tube half stack, but its really not necessary to have one even if gigging. just mic the combo.
dont buy a cheap SS half stack. you'll regret it shortly after. they arent good and arent worth the money

the point is not to get a tube, since i will be playing this at shows and home i want it to play clearly a low volumes and hi's, a nice built in distortion would be nice
Quote by dunkintate
the point is not to get a tube, since i will be playing this at shows and home i want it to play clearly a low volumes and hi's, a nice built in distortion would be nice

most metal tube amps don't need to have the master volume cranked...its all preamp distortion...you can have high gain, at low volumes.
Quote by eyebanez333

those r extremely tempting, do u think that bugera combo would work well or okay at low volumes
Quote by eyebanez333
most metal tube amps don't need to have the master volume cranked...its all preamp distortion...you can have high gain, at low volumes.

i feel like a dumbass i didnt know that thats how it worked. tell me more about tube amps like how frequently do u have to replace the tubes.
Quote by dunkintate
those r extremely tempting, do u think that bugera combo would work well or okay at low volumes

yeah. like i said, metal tones are generally preamp distortion (gain knob on most amps)...the master volume can be at 1 and still get a good metal tone. I play my XXX head without waking my wife up.

EDIT: tube replacement varies by amp...the tubes in my XXX are the same ones that were in it when I bought it used...and they were about 6 months old then, and I've had the amp for almost a year.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 5, 2010,
tubes last a few years depending on how much you play. you can say 3 years with moderate use (although it could be more). and yes the bugera combos work well at low volumes. for metal volume isnt much of an issue. just keep in mind your setting will drastically change when you crank the volume so you'll need to remember two sets of settings. its not a huge deal, but its inconvenient if you go into a show expecting to use your every day at home settings.