I'm pretty happy with my Line 6 Spider III 15w, the only thing that really bugs me is that fact that the FBV foot controller is not compatible with the 15 watt version. Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use another sort of footswitch in order to change the channel on the amp?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
you can plug the footswitch in if you bandsaw the amp
Spiders aren't liked here, prepare to be flamed....

Umm......what is bandsawing?
Don't listen to that crap because if you like it, then it's fine! The fact of the matter is that the Line 6 FBV footswitches are not compatible with it period and there is no other compatible switch for it. There is no connection for one to hook into it and that sucks because the new Spider IV 15 watter does have the ability to have one. It is just one of the upgrades you get with the new series. That's the thing with buying a cheap practice amp but you could always trade in for a newer one if you wanted. I'm sorry but that's the deal and it says on Line 6's website what amps have the ability to operate with footswitches and which ones don't, which include the Spider III 15w being on the non-compatible list. Hope that helps.
you'll have to do the eBay mod.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
you'll have to do the eBay mod.

TS: if you like the amp that much...sell it and buy the bigger model that's compatible with the footswitch.

(did I just recommend a Spider??? )
Quote by Supermansdead81
Don't listen to that crap because if you like it, then it's fine! The fact of the matter is that the Line 6 FBV footswitches are not compatible with it period and there is no other compatible switch for it. There is no connection for one to hook into it and that sucks because the new Spider IV 15 watter does have the ability to have one. It is just one of the upgrades you get with the new series. That's the thing with buying a cheap practice amp but you could always trade in for a newer one if you wanted. I'm sorry but that's the deal and it says on Line 6's website what amps have the ability to operate with footswitches and which ones don't, which include the Spider III 15w being on the non-compatible list. Hope that helps.

Thanks man.
Quote by OJ-15
Thanks man.

No problem man. I guess if you just wanted a way to switch from clean to distortion then you could always get a cheap distortion pedal of some sort depending on your style of play. That's what I did about 10 years ago for a crappy little crate practice amp I had. I figured that way even when I upgraded my amp, I would still have the pedal in my arsenal to use if need be.
^^^Only issue with this is spiders just arent compatable with external pedals. Sorry TS there is no way to change any settings on the 15w without reaching over and turning a knob. Its basically a computer inside so as it doesnt have a jack for the dedicated FBV there is no way to make it work with any other footswitch.