Thank you everyone for helping me out. Really, I needed it. I have learned so much in the last two months from all the users on here. You guys have been very helpful. Thanks a lot. Now for the news....

I have purchased my first head and cabinet on Ebay! As some of you may know. I owned a Spider III for a year and sold it, because of the pain to my ears. I have been waiting to get a tube amp, now I have. I actually have a great amp now . I got a Jcm 900 with 3xJJ/Tesla ECC83 pre-amp tubes, and 2x JJ/Tesla 6L6GC output tubes. It looks very well taken care of! Got it for $690 shipped. Also, got the footswitch supplied with it as well. He lives in my state too. I also got a Marshall 1960AV, loaded with Vintage 30's! I got that for $470 shipped, what a steal!

My Jcm 900 : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110474110068&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My 1960AV : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220528096041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Again, thank you everyone. When I get it I will post sound clips.
Last edited by modirnwarfare at Jan 5, 2010,
i used to have a set up like that. it sounded good, you'll definitely like it. HNAD
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
HNAD, Modirn!

Me is envious as all hell.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
HNAD, I hope the Holiday Gear thread will be closed ASAP.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Congratulations, Mordirn.

Stop making Marshall threads now? :]
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Just wait till you put EL34s in there =) not sure if they drop right it but it's definitely an improvement.
That loser shit's right out the window!
Quote by Cgc1215
Just wait till you put EL34s in there =) not sure if they drop right it but it's definitely an improvement.

They won't. You have to rewire a couple pin sockets.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Juadafi
Congratulations, Mordirn.

Stop making Marshall threads now? :]

Ah, touche' lol. You will finally get your wish!
Ok, I will need an overdrive to push the amp. I have never even owned a pedal before. I need a pedal that will easily push this into metal territory, any ideas?
Quote by modirnwarfare
Ok, I will need an overdrive to push the amp. I have never even owned a pedal before. I need a pedal that will easily push this into metal territory, any ideas?

How important is the metal sound?
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by Phantom123
How important is the metal sound?
Important enough that he asked. Ergo it deserves an answer.

But, to tender to Phantom's question. If you just need something for the occasional trip to Metal-Ville you can grab something inexpensive like the Bad Monkey. I really like using that pedal as a boost. The separate high and low EQ controls give you better options for tone sculpting than the traditional 'tone' knob.

There are more expensive options, but I'll let better versed members explain those to you.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Important enough that he asked. Ergo it deserves an answer.

But, to tender to Phantom's question. If you just need something for the occasional trip to Metal-Ville you can grab something inexpensive like the Bad Monkey. I really like using that pedal as a boost. The separate high and low EQ controls give you better options for tone sculpting than the traditional 'tone' knob.

There are more expensive options, but I'll let better versed members explain those to you.

It took him like 6 threads just on the JCM900 alone, let alone the previous marshall ones. I can guarantee it's not as easy as telling him something that makes sense technically (IE, what you did by explaining the difference between the high/low as opposed to the tone). We need to know what he wants out of metal tone (And I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it's "RANDY RHOADS AND METALCCCA1!".

Tell us what you want, because those two are dramatically different for a few easy reasons.

And I'll restate my question (since I think it's quite relevant) how important is the metal sound?
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by Phantom123
It took him like 6 threads just on the JCM900 alone, let alone the previous marshall ones. I can guarantee it's not as easy as telling him something that makes sense technically (IE, what you did by explaining the difference between the high/low as opposed to the tone). We need to know what he wants out of metal tone (And I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it's "RANDY RHOADS AND METALCCCA1!".

Tell us what you want, because those two are dramatically different for a few easy reasons.

And I'll restate my question (since I think it's quite relevant) how important is the metal sound?
Word. I ain't got the patience for these people so I'll just bow out now.

Ciao.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
glad you got your first tube amp

i don't like jcm 900s and i dont see why you would need a boost that amp is made to do modern metalish tones.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c

i don't like jcm 900s and i dont see why you would need a boost that amp is made to do modern metalish tones.

It really doesn't have enough gain for modern metal on it's own. Pretty unquestionably, you can't plug in and start playing Lamb of God or anything, IMO.

I love the MXR GT-OD I use with mine, I would recommend a transparent overdrive like it. I used to use a tubescreamer, but mids + more mids=too middy/no low end.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by pmeg568c

People use ODs to boost amps with higher gain than the 900.
Quote by Phantom123

I love how you talk about me like I am a total idiot. I may not spend hours and hours on this forum, and know everything there is to know about guitars and amps. Sorry, if I just wanted to get lots of info over the past months before making a $1,200+ purchase. If I recall, I don't talk like, "Weall uh guyss Randy Rhoooads MetaliCCCA11!!" Thank you for insulting my intelligence.

Again, Here are some things I would like out of an Overdrive pedal:

-True Bypass
-Transparent
-No tone suckage
-Push the amp nicely.

Sorry for not including these in my first post. Thanks everyone.
Danelectro Transparent OD is great on a budget, but I don't know about trying to get heavy tones.
Quote by ProgFolk12
Danelectro Transparent OD is great on a budget, but I don't know about trying to get heavy tones.

My budget is $130. What would you recommend for that price range?
Ah that's a bit more, I'm not an expert since I don't think you'd want anything with a mids boost on an already bright amp as mentioned. As I say try and find a V1 transprent OD, they're cheap, transparent and very good...I doubt there's any chance of getting a timmy, which the Dano's based off.
Have you gotten the amp yet? I would make sure you actually need an overdrive first before spending $130 on one. JCM900s have plenty of gain on tap...
Aren't you that guy who spammed marshall topics?

And HNGD
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.