Page 1 of 2
I'll admit my Fanboy-ism and say that i'm actually excited about this amp. hopefully it won't be as hard to get as his first ones. I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=520778226

NEW AMP SITE

i am so sorry. i had no idea how that link happened. i posted the wrong link.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 18, 2010,
yep, and a new sig LP and sig SD`s, he`s posted it all on facebook and twitter too. your just going to have to wait another fortnight for details.
why cant they just reissue the jubilee? that was how he got his tone. and i want one.
Quote by Satch-Vai-Slash
Jesus how many signiture guitars will he make.

well, now that his music career has seemingly tanked, i'm guessing he's going to put out as much stuff as possible while he's still in the spotlight.

This just in: a newly announced Slash signature distortion/top hat/cigarette is in the works.

"I needed to clear up some space" says Slash, "So, I figured i might as well combine all my essentials into one."

the combo headgear/effect pedal/cancer stick will also be availiable with flip down sunglasses.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
im interested in the new amp. in his book he says its a modded 1959rr but in twitter he says its based on a jcm 800? Curious to what it will sound like, appeite tones? yes plox
Quote by crazygnr1996
im interested in the new amp. in his book he says its a modded 1959rr but in twitter he says its based on a jcm 800? Curious to what it will sound like, appeite tones? yes plox

he used a modded plexi for appetite, but after he had to give it back he started using JCM800s, jubilee 800s to be specific.

my guess is it's going to be like a vintage modern crossed with a JCM800.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by WtrPlyr
Give it back?
To who

Slash "borrowed" it from SIR, a gear company. He loved how it sounded and he wanted it. he told his then guitar tech to tell SIR it got stolen. Said tech was an idiot becaue when Slash went ack there do do dome more rehearsing/recording, his guitar tech brought it back. SIR took it back and Slash hasn't seen it since.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
not to be a dick, JHachey22, but techincally it was a super tremolo Marshall, not exactly a JCM...

i try to keep my fanboyism in ever since GH3 came out...but i would much rather he have them re-issue the Jubilee or make an amp as close to the specs of his modded Super Tremolo as possible and release that...i have a feeling they're just gonna take a JCM of some type as a base model and then add some features here and there and slap his name on it...

but who knows...maybe the amp will come out awesome and actually worth MOST it's value (seeing as it IS a marshall, it's gonna be overpriced to some extent)...

well just about every single great guitarist has signature gear, so it doesn't make Slash any more/less of a 'sell out' than the next one, i just hope he doesn't get too carried away...sig pups are completely unecessary
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'm hoping the new amp will be good and fair priced.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by slash_rocks2005
not to be a dick, JHachey22, but techincally it was a super tremolo Marshall, not exactly a JCM...

He said Plexi in his book.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
it's a sig happy industry for sure.

people will gladly fork over insane amounts of cash for sig gear, i see it all the time.

P.T. Barnum was right...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Jhachey22
Slash "borrowed" it from SIR, a gear company. He loved how it sounded and he wanted it. he told his then guitar tech to tell SIR it got stolen. Said tech was an idiot becaue when Slash went ack there do do dome more rehearsing/recording, his guitar tech brought it back. SIR took it back and Slash hasn't seen it since.

Supposedly George Lynch of Dokken had the opportunity to use it for a while, too.
super tremelo is essentially a super lead. It just has a tremelo channel, it's like the difference between a jtm45 and bluesbreaker circuit (which has the bass channel turned into a tremelo channel).

whether it's a "plexi" or not depends on the year.
Quote by JHackey22
He said Plexi in his book.

he also did heroin everyday for years lol...maybe i should do some research on that Super Tremolo from Marshall, for all i know it could be some type of modded JCM...which would make BOTH of us correct lol. though, you might have also been thinking of what he meant he used for his cleans and possibly some other passages....though almost all the lead and dirty sounds shoulda been through that super tremolo.

gregs, you're definitely correct. i try to stay away from most sig stuff, until the hype around it has faded and the REAL critiquing comes in.

though i definitely wouldn't complain if a company was willing to slap my name on a nice guitar/amp/pedal...

slash_edit: lol, Al pretty much confirmed my theory...uh...and yea, George Lynch coincidentally was attracted to that same amp Slash tried to steal from SIR and even used it for some legs of his touring during that time frame. i believe he was also wanting to buy it, but of course SIR denied b/c that amp was one of the most demanded for recording/etc. it's definitely an interesting story...and anything you wanna know about Marshall, apparently just ask Al. Any guy that puts a demo of his amp successfully playing 'All Right Now' by Free is worth listening to.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Last edited by slash_rocks2005 at Jan 5, 2010,
From what I've heard, it was a Super Tremolo with the tremolo exchanged for another tube gain stage.

New sig. amp sounds interesting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by slash_rocks2005
he also did heroin everyday for years lol...maybe i should do some research on that Super Tremolo from Marshall, for all i know it could be some type of modded JCM...which would make BOTH of us correct lol.

I never said the SIR amp was a JCM.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
You too can own the kind of gear it takes to release an only-successful-in-Japan solo album!
As someone who owns a Silver Jubilee, I don't really hear the famous Appetite for Destruction tone when I plug into it. Don't get me wrong, GnR sounds can be coaxed out of it (especially with the Les Paul), but it isn't exactly the sound people mean when they think of Slash's tone. It's really more "Joe Bonamassa" than "Slash".

If Marshall wants to do it right, they will get the licensing rights to this:
http://caswellamps.studioelectronics.com/products.html
Quote by colin617
As someone who owns a Silver Jubilee, I don't really hear the famous Appetite for Destruction tone when I plug into it. Don't get me wrong, GnR sounds can be coaxed out of it (especially with the Les Paul), but it isn't exactly the sound people mean when they think of Slash's tone. It's really more "Joe Bonamassa" than "Slash".

If Marshall wants to do it right, they will get the licensing rights to this:
http://caswellamps.studioelectronics.com/products.html

Holy f*ck. $800 for a mod? seems a little steep :/
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
The Jub really only sounds good clean, IMO. (which is the only thing Slash uses it for these days)

It's not a bad amp, but it's definitely not the Holy Grail some fanboys make it out to be.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by colin617

not trying to be a smart ass, but you're not getting the Appetite sound b/c he didn't use the SJs until UYI I and II. i'm pretty sure Slash uses an MXR 10 band EQ live as well with his amps, for boosts or something...but yea, what you're saying makes sense. just b/c it's the amp he used doesn't mean anyone can get the GnR sound from it...his playing style and specific guitar/pup setup as well as volume all come into play, but most importantly the fact that HE IS Slash. he could get his sound out of any amp he uses i'm sure.

just like i can get 'my' sound out of any decent amp i use as well.

and JHackey, i misread your post earlier, in fact i read it a lil too fast and missed crucial points. so, yes, i'm a retard for that haha.

we're all human.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by jpnyc
You too can own the kind of gear it takes to release an only-successful-in-Japan solo album!

The album isn't out yet...

...and the single is only successful in Japan 'cause that's the only place it was released.

In fact it got tons of internet traffic here in the USA, and Slash said they might re-record it in English for the American crowd.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I hope it'll actually be something worth checking out, I haven't been that impressed with most signature items I see.
Quote by kyle62
Really old news is really old.

... and? some people didn't know about it. i decided to post about. sorry we're not all up to date like you

try and contribute something useful or don't post at all.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by slash_rocks2005
not trying to be a smart ass, but you're not getting the Appetite sound b/c he didn't use the SJs until UYI I and II. i'm pretty sure Slash uses an MXR 10 band EQ live as well with his amps, for boosts or something...but yea, what you're saying makes sense. just b/c it's the amp he used doesn't mean anyone can get the GnR sound from it...his playing style and specific guitar/pup setup as well as volume all come into play, but most importantly the fact that HE IS Slash. he could get his sound out of any amp he uses i'm sure.

just like i can get 'my' sound out of any decent amp i use as well.

and JHackey, i misread your post earlier, in fact i read it a lil too fast and missed crucial points. so, yes, i'm a retard for that haha.

we're all human.

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. This will probably be close to a Jubilee (because that is the amp Slash is usually associated with), but people will be wanting the AfD tones (which are the SIR Plexi). I have a feeling that a lot of people will buy this and be disappointed because it isn't what they're expecting.
I don't think it's another sig amp. He just said he's working with Marshall on a new 100w amp. I know that Marshall is designing a new one, that guy with the custom Marshall stack thread posted pics of the prototype on HCAF a while back. It's based off of the JCM2000 but it's supposedly much better.

And the Appetite amp, like Colin said, is a Caswell modded Super Tremolo, likely a '68 or '69. George Lynch used it for a tour before Slash rented it. There's also a rumor that he didn't use the Caswell mod but a clone that was made by another SIR tech after Caswell left to make a bit more money. Both are MIA. Caswell's site claims it's his and it seems more likely to me that they'd give him Caswell's mod, especially since the time line of it all lines up. And he just raised it to $800 from $600 back in 2008. His new mods get some complaints from people saying that they're too bright though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Jhachey22
... and? some people didn't know about it. i decided to post about. sorry we're not all up to date like you

try and contribute something useful or don't post at all.
Fair point, there've been a few threads about it already but thinking about it, they died pretty quickly. Overload of sig gear probably, most people see it for what it is now...

I can't be arsed being 'useful' at this time of night, so I'll just copy my post from the last thread on the subject

Quote by kyle62
A new 'Slash Model' Marshall eh?

Could there be a Silver Jubilee reissue on the horizon, or is he still 'using' that Vintage/Modern crap?

Slash is doing great, though it's a shame to see the fella still helping sell guitars for the world's shittiest guitar company....especially with the added irony that his favourite LPs aren't even Gibsons.
Business as usual.

EDIT: Do you know what'd kick ass? If the Slash Sig was a two-channel amp with two different circuits:

Ch1: 1959SLP, both channels jumpered together
Ch2: Silver Jubilee 2555, lead channel
^ If only...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I was actually pretty happy with the last Slash Sig

This one was at my GC for several months. Tone out the wazzu.

Yeah, I got the chance to play one at a local shop once...it sounded very good.

If this new one is on par with his last one...I might have to consider getting one. Only problem with the last one was that it was hard to find!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Bump for site.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Just seen the video - massive load of bullshit. Apparently the legendary modded amp Slash fell in love with, stole and used to record Appetite For Destruction was....

....wait for it....

....a JCM800
Quote by kyle62
Just seen the video - massive load of bullshit. Apparently the legendary modded amp Slash fell in love with, stole and used to record Appetite For Destruction was....

....wait for it....

....a JCM800

That rumour is always hilarious.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^that's according to SLASH'S testimonial. everyone's got slightly different stories regarding the exact model, and Slash WAS big on drugs for a while, so who knows if his memory was affected? lol.

in any case, i'm sure it was the Super Tremolo modded by Caswell, and i think it was already discussed that the Super Tremolo could have just been a version of a JCM. i really don't think he used a JCM800 for his dirty sound, even if it was modded. but to each their own.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Page 1 of 2